If you live in a part of the country that limits outdoor play during the winter months, there are still ways to utilize your outdoor toys indoors during the frigid months.
Try these fun tips from other parents:*
- Move your sandbox indoors and fill it with dried beans
- Turn your living room into a playground with an indoor/outdoor friendly fold-up slide
- Set up a picnic table in the kitchen for kid-friendly seating during family events
- Take a roller coaster ride through the family room
- Play mini-golf indoors
- Set up a small climber in your child’s bedroom. One mom said by doing this, her son “loves to put his toys on the platform and throw them down the slide as well as climb up and down the slide.”
Check out additional ideas for indoor fun at The Stir, a cafemom blog.
*Step2 recommends adult supervision with the use of these toys.
*Disclaimer: The Step2 Company LLC does not promote or condone the use of our products in ways other than the original intent. This blog was solely written for the purpose to encourage creativity during the winter months. Please refer to the instruction sheets for all Step2 products for the appropriate age, weight, and height limitations.