Hoping For the Return of the Big Splash Center?

Since the Big Splash Center was discontinued years ago, we’ve received an overwhelming amount of requests to produce this product again.

Step2 Big Splash Center

We sincerely appreciate the feedback we receive from our customers and welcome any feedback about our products. Because of your feedback, we’ve brought back the Pedal Farm Tractor and the Choo Choo Wagon. We’ve also passed the feedback about the alternatives to the discontinued Kangaroo Climber to our research and development team.

Here is some of the feedback we’ve already received about the Big Splash Center:

“I am curious to know why step 2 discontinued slide that goes w/big splash pool? They are a HOT item on ebay!” –Anonymous

“BRING BACK THE BIG SPLASH POOL/Slide. There is not one out there that is as durable.” – Lora

“I want a Step 2 Big Splash Center for the grandson and dogs to cool off in, but I can’t find one. I don’t want a cheap pool that won’t endure a southern summer! Be different and market a useful item that lasts! Please consider producing this item again…” -M. Ryan

“Please bring back the Step 2 Big Splash Pool! We had ours for 13 yrs, 5 kids, numerous neighbor and daycare kids before it got a crack in it only because our son jumped on it when it was turned upside down. I am heart broken to find out that this slide isn’t available anymore. Please bring it back!” -Amy

What do you think? Do you want the Big Splash Center to return? Is there another Step2 product that you wish we would bring back? While we can’t ensure that this or any item will return, we welcome your feedback!

**Update**

Thank you all so much for your feedback and passion regarding the big splash pool. Over the last few months here at Step2, we have been trying to find a way to make this product so that it is affordable to customers, affordable to ship, and still has all of the features and quality you would expect from Step2. Unfortunately, we are unable to come up with that right combination, and therefore, we have decided not to move forward with bringing this product back.

285 thoughts on “Hoping For the Return of the Big Splash Center?

1. Donna D

I had one years ago for my kids and it was the best pool ever. Wanted one for my dogs last year and was lucky enough to find someone selling one. They love it as much as the kids did. You REALLY need to bring it back

2. Heather P

I know that we would love if you brought this back, and many other people I know would love it as well. We currently have a used one, but would buy a new one in a heartbeat! These are the best pools out there, they last longer then any of the cheap plastic pools, and obviously longer then inflatables, plus the kids LOVE them ;)

3. Wendy

Please bring it back!! I have been looking for one everywhere for my ducks!! I know a whole forum of duck lovers who would also like to have this pool!!!

4. Lisa Tott

Hi there. We have 1 year old triplets and a 3 year old. I would be interested in this items for size and durability. We just bought the choo choo and love it. Thanks Lisa Tott

5. A

Please – and bring it back soon!!!! I have three kids (5y, 2y, and 6m) and we would buy one of these in a heartbeat if you released it soon.

Another favorite that you should bring back – Tuggy the Tugboat sandbox. We have one that’s 20+ years old and the kids STILL love it.

6. Beth Larson

I could just kick myself for getting rid of mine! We had a third child…10 years later…recently started looking for the Step 2 Big Splash pool and Slide…had no idea it has been discontinued!!! PLEASE bring it back! I will buy it again!

7. Christina

I had never seen this product before but I certainly would buy one if you brought it back. I hate those flimsy kiddie pools and the blow up ones are fine but they get holes too easily. This one looks sturdy and nice and from the other comments it seems to withstand the test of time!

8. Denise Carey

My granddaughter tried the big splash yesterday and she absolutely loved it. I went online to find one but found out it was discontinied. Please bring it back. I really want one and the slide too. Please. Please.

9. Susan

Please bring it back!!! My kids’ Grandma has one. All 4 grandkids love it and play together- just not possible with the one I got from Kmart. Its deep enough for my 4 year old and my 2 year old loves to sit in the bottom and get splashed when her sister slides down. I have had to settle for the plastic ones from Kmart because I don’t want to deal with one of those inflatables.

10. Bonnie

Bring back the Big Splash Center. I bought one when my son was small. Now he’s in college and I want to buy another for my dogs! Bring back the Big Splash Center!

11. Maureen L.

Bring back the pool! THe new one with the umbrella is great, but its too small! My son is 18 and he had one that lasted for years. I now have a 2 year old daughter & would love for her to have one. Bring it back soon!!!

12. Jenn Martinez

I can not say how strongly I feel about the need for this product to be back in production. I would purchase one for myself personally as well as for the preschool that I work for. It is the strongest and best for steady and annual use. It is a wonder to me as to why it ever left the market. Please hear my request echoing what so many have already said, “Please bring it back!”

13. Elisa McDonald

Please, please, please bring it back! It is THE BEST POOL ever and i am hoping that my 2 girls can experience all the fun with it! Why on earth would you discontinue such a great item! Do we need to petition it back? :)

14. Jim

Like everyone here, I cannot urge you strongly enough to bring back this wonderful product. My kids play in my sister-in-law’s all the time when we visit her family, and they wonder why we can’t buy one for ourselves. I have to tell them “Sorry girls, but they don’t make it anymore.” The look of disappointment I get is beyond words. Truly, nothing else compares. Bring it back exactly as it was. Please do not change the material or its thickness or do anything to “cheapen” it. It’s a great quality product as is. If you produce it again in this way, you’ll have a few satisfied, if not overjoyed customers at our house plus hundreds more in backyards across the country.

15. Jo

Please bring this product back, I have only just discovered this pool at our local playgroup, have come home to order one only to find it is no longer made!
    It is perfect for our Australian lifestyle.

16. Christie

Please, please bring back the big splash center soon! I am so sick of the flimsy kiddie pool option out there. I have been searching for a used splash center for three years now to no avail. Please, pretty please. Before my kiddos get too old.

17. amanda

YES!!! Was just on your website looking for one, please bring back the inflatable pools are not durable and don’t last a week around my house

18. kristen

PLEASE bring this back!! I am so over inflatable pools. I just bought one with a slide and within 2 hours there was a hole in the slide – such a waste of money! I need this pool so that it can stand up to the abuse of my children!! [pretty please with a cherry on top?]

19. Tanya

I am currently looking for one of these for my daughter.
    Very hard to find used. I would spend the money for a new one.

20. Korie

Please bring it back! I drove 2 hours to buy a used one for my dad’s German Shepherds and now I have been looking for one for my dogs as well and I haven’t had that great of luck! This pool is the perfect size and is strong enough to endure summers worth of use for big strong dogs!

21. Carolyn

You have all these requests but nothing saying you will in fact bring back this item due to high demand. I’d love to be able to buy one for my son. Please bring this item back! The toddler version is way too small to last for more than a season.

22. Step2 Post author

We appreciate your feedback and comments and will pass this information along to our Research and Development Team. We will make an announcement here and on Facebook if the Big Splash Center goes back into production.

23. Jennifer

Would love to see you bring back the Big splash center pool. I saw the pool in a menards about 4years ago and regret not purchasing it. Have been looking for one for months now with no luck in my area. The slide I have is over 15 years old and has held up to daycare use and is sill like new. Please bring back the pool. I would love to be able to purchase one for my daycare. Love your products they are very durable.

24. Angie

PLEASE BRING BACK THE BIG SPLASH POOL. I DESPERATLEY NEED 1. My oldest son had 1 15 years ago and now our youngest could really use it. It is durable and safe.

25. Melissa

We would love to purchase this product…..please bring it back! Their is nothing else like it! My neighbors have one and we would like one for our kids too! Please!

26. lisa

i have been trying to find this pool everywhere but they always sell before i can get to it! please please please bring this pool back.

27. Nikki

Please bring the Big Splash Pool back. I recently found out about this pool and would really like to buy one. It is a fantastic pool with or without the slide. If you can’t bring this exact one back, how about making the pool you are offering now a little bigger. I have 3 children under the age of 4 and there is no way they can play together in the small one without hurting each other. Either way, please make a durable, high quality pool that will last the test of time and fit a small family.

28. alison

If this item was back in production, I would buy 4!!! PLEASE, PLEASE bring it back, we had one, went away on vacation and when we came back, it had been stolen! My kids are devistated!!!!! I had it for years and it was great! I am still very upset about this!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. alison

how come you can still buy it here on http://toko.duniabermain.com/products/step2/step2-big-splash-center/ but not in the USA?

1. Step2 Post author

Our International distributors may have inventory that is no longer available in the US.

30. Charlene

I would really like to see you bring back the Big Splash Pool. This product was the best on the market. I was sad to see that it had been discontinued. I really would like to get one for my granddaughters. Please bring it back!

31. Jen

Please bring this back!! There is nothing out there that compares to this pool for durability and fun. Inflatable pools and drop side pools are complete garbage! I would buy this Step 2 pool in a heartbeat. I drool over the small one with the umbrella you guys have out right now, but it’s too small for my kids.

32. Kristin

Please, please, please, bring it back. I don’t know what it will take to get you guys to bring it back. But I think it would be a HUGE money maker!! Not to mention how happy it would make folks!

33. Liz

Please bring back the Big Splash Pool!!!! I did not realize it was discontinued. Went looking for one and could not find anything comparable. Why would you discontinue it when there isn’t anything like it on the market?

34. Carrie

PLEASE! I had it for my older two kids and gave it away after they outgrew it. Shortly after, baby 3 came! Neighbor moved, and I am going through 5 or more kid pools a Year! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring it back!

35. carol estes

yes, PLEASE begin making this wonderful product again!!! It’s perfect for even bigger children, too. I will buy it and recommend it to everyone I know with kids and grandchildren.

36. Dhi

Please bring back this pool!! For the life of me, I can’t figure out why you would discontinue such a highly sought-after product!

37. Sarah

A friend inherited one of these and I would LOVE to purchase one for my 4 young kids (7,6, 4 & 2). Why was it discontinued? Any hope that it will be brought back?

38. Mikey Hamlin

I would love to have The Big Splash Pool & Slide for my grandchildren us use when at my house. I am so disappointed it is no longer available. Please bring it back!

39. Jenny

Please bring back the Big Splash Center and Slide! We are desperately looking for a slide to fit with our old Splash Center. It is the only pool we have found that can sustain our 85lb dog and our toddler, and would replace both if we could!

40. Heather

I have been looking for the big splash pool for two years now. I found one on craigslist that had a climber on it. Is that factory? It looks like a lot of fun! Wish I could go buy one new today!

41. jamie

Please more info if and when it is coming back….Many friends looking to purchase one and its just getting hotter. going to purchase something else soon if it is impossible to get this one!!!!

42. angela

Bummer… after many online searches, I decided that this was definitely the pool I wanted for my daughter’s first birthday gift… But now I can’t find one anywhere! Please let us know if you are releasing it soon and I should sit tight. The little round pool with umbrella is cute, but would probably be too small quickly.

43. Cassie

I have been looking for one for two years now. Everytime I find one someone has just sold it. It would be great if you would begin making it again.

44. Jenni

Please bring it back!! And offer it at your store in Streetsboro so I can pick it up. I just bought an old used one off eBay for $140 and that’s about avg for their price on eBay. Even win my “new” old one, I would still consider purchasing a new one, esp if it was even bigger (I have the smaller one, I believe there was actually a larger one.).

45. Leigh

I just received this pool for my 1 year old just last week. It has been past around the neighborhood for years and it is still in great condition. We lost the slide somewhere along the way.. but we all love it! I especially like that it’s big enough for mommy to get it in too!

46. Ed Swiger

I am looking forward to you bringing back the splash pool. Our childcare has two and needs at least a third. Each summer the pools are brought out and the eyes light up as the preschoolers get to go “swimming” like the day campers. Each summer I come to your web site in great hopes that the pools will be there, but alas they still are not there.

47. Ed Swiger

I looked at the picture from the link above and the ones that we have look larger than the one in the picture. I am guessing that there were two sizes available. The ones that we have are the larger size. If you re-introduce the pools, I hope that the larger ones are made.

48. Andrew McPheters

When I was younger, my family went through several pools. The slide and pool was the best one that we ever had and was the longest lasting. I wanted to buy one for my sons, but see it is now discontinued. I would like to see this come back!

49. Maria

Don’t understand why this product is no longer available since it was so popular. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!! Nothing compares to this product.

50. Amie Courtney

I would LOVE it if this product came back. Ihave already gone through 2 blow up pools this summer for my kids, while my neighbors have this pool, with the slide, and it is still in great condition after years of use!! My kids LOVE that pool and I would really love to get one for them!

51. Stormi

All I can say is that this pool is fantastic, my children and i were at a friends house and they have one that was left by one of their rental properties, I came home and did some research to go buy 2 today, one for my daughter and her 2 children and one for my home, for the grandkids to enjoy, I was sadly disappointed to find that they are no longer available. Please reconsider this product to be back on the market, I would recommend it to all my friends and family!

52. Tracey

Please bring it back! We have kids from 1 to 8 who thoroughly enjoy playing in this pool. It is the best!!

53. julie momof4

my 16 year-old daughter had the whole system. two slides, pool and swingset. it was the hit of the neighborhood. one neighbor boy used to call our house Disneyland her loved it so much. we now have 3 more children who would love this pool. i promised them i would order it today until i found out i cant because it has been discontinued. in todays economy, why would a company stop making such a popular product? there is nothing else out there that even compares. please listen to your clients who have kept you in business for many years!

54. Midi

Please bring the pool back! I am purchasing the naturally playful playhouse climber and want the pool to go with it!!

55. Raymond

The splash center definitely looks like a great product. I cannot believe how much they sell for on craigslist but think a new one would be able to sell very well at around $125 (what was the original retail price?) Hope to see a return!

56. Rena

We have two of these pools in my dog agility school, and they are wonderful for dogs. I was trying to find one for my dogs, but found out that the pools were discontinued. Please bring them back. These are the best pools for dogs hands down. Durable, just deep enough, sizable for 2 large dogs to splash around, and wonderful for hot southern summers.

57. melinda sue

bring it back! i have been looking and searching garage sales for one all summer. they are a hot commodity! please bring it back!

58. Kim

I would love to have The Big Splash Pool & Slide for my children. I am so disappointed it is no longer available and impossible to find used. Please, please, please bring it back!

59. C

I would love to see this product back on the market. Preferably the larger size one, it was a sturdy product that held up to kids and dogs.

60. Lisa

Hello, I am very disappointed that this came off the shelves. I have 4 children and I run a dayhome. The kids have been through many different inflatable pools and a couple cheap plastic ones. Why did this come off the shelves? Is it because the other pools were no longer making a profit and nobody was buying any more cause the little tike is so much more durable?..This is the only conclusion I can think of! This is a wonderful product that the children love!. To have it come off the shelves is terrible..Put them back out! Please!!..I want my children to enjoy this product and have many fine memories of all the time they spent in the really cool pool!..Bring it back for the little ones!!!

61. Dawn

Please bring back the Big Splash Pool. These are hot items on eBay and Craigslist. I would buy a new one if it were available. Can’t understand why it was discontinued in the first place. Please listen to customer demand and bring it back with the slide.

62. Christine Webster

Someone actually stole ours from the backyard!!! I would gladly pay full price for one again. NOTHING compares.

63. Sarah

I have been searching for this pool!! I’m SO sad to hear that its discontinued!! PLEASE bring it back!!

64. laura barnett

I just used one at a neighbor’s house for the first time and was so disappointed to find out you don’t make them anymore! PLEASE bring them back so I can buy one!!

65. Kevin O'Regan

Bring it back!!!Many of my friends wanted to know where I bought this pool . When I tell them that I bought it 12 years ago when my eldest son was a baby, the are amazed. This product is durable and is still in use today .I now have nieces and nephews that would enjoy this pool .

66. michelle

Saw this product online and was so happy ,thinking I had just found the perfect summer time toy for my 3 yr old. Sadly,I soon discovered I can’t go buy one. PLEASE,bring the big splash product back to the shelves. The blow up pools with slides are dangerous and short lived. We need a sturdy,safe alternative….your product :)

67. Mare

Please please bring it back. I’m tired of buying blow up pools that get a hole or have to be deflated to empty and re-inflated refill.

68. Barbara

Yes! There is nothing similar on the market. I’m tired of inflatable pools that are both inconvenient to blow up and take down and not ideal for kids stepping in and out. Please, bring these back! Naturally playful colors would also be appreciated. Hurry!

69. Debbie

So with all the feedback you received on the Big Splash Pool, have you made your decision to manufacture it once again, as it should have never ever been discontinued???

70. Rebecca

Just saw one for the first time at a friends home, came home got on line to order one and found out the sad situation. Please bring back.

71. Beth Blank-Johnson

I am buying this on craigslist today but I would still buy a new one if i could. I also need the slide that goes to it which I cannot find. UGH!! I just threw away a blow up pool today that we only used twice.

72. Kathy

please please bring the step 2 big splash pool back. Looking for one and can’t find it any where. need it for the grand children and for the dogs. (they need to cool off too) thanks

73. Linda

Please bring back the Big Splash Center, My friend has it and we spent the day at her house. My kids loved it and I spent all day trying to find one. Much to my dismay, I found out it is discontinued. Please bring it back. It is much better than what is presently on the market

74. marcy

I saw this pool in someones yard and had to goofle it right away because it is exactly the type of thing I am looking for. disapointed to see it is no longer avalible..bring it back please!!!!!

75. Lauren Johnston

I was lucky enough to buy the splash center pool and slide for $125 on craigslist! My 4 yr old adores it and it is so long that me being 5’11” can fit in it with him! Wonderful product that would sell so well if brought back in stores!!!

76. Lisa

I would love to see the big splash pool return. I never even knew that it existed until my new neighbors pulled theirs out. It’s so much nicer, sturdier, and larger than the little flimsy plastic one I have at my house.

77. fratboys

we are one-year-old twin boys. all we want is a simple pool that is big enough for both of us to play in, easy enough for our parents to empty & clean when we arent using it, small enough for us to get in and out of on our own, sturdy enough for twin boys – the added bonus of a slide is a dream… so we wont even ask for that. but alas… there is NOTHING like this on the market. our parents would actually consider buying a used one (if only they could find one) however… would MUCH rather that we had our very OWN squeaky clean toys. ~ please help.

78. Elizabeth

PLEASE bring the big splash pool back. We’ve had two and would love to have another. Both bought used and used a lot by us, both cracked by boys jumping on it. Sure would like to have another for my youngest ones.

79. Matt

4 kids under 5. I saw this pool at a garage sale, I offered to buy it, owner said no way not for sale… WE NEED ONE!!!! Please bring it back!

80. Tara

PLEASE bring this back today! My 14 month old twin girls loved playing in their cousins and we would like to buy one! If you had it available I would have already bought one this morning and my sister would have bought one to replace the one she has now. Please bring it back! Look at the huge reponse you have gotten from everyone. Don’t you think you should put this back on the market before the summer disappears?

81. Brittany

My daughter played with this at Grandma’s over the weekend and I have been trying tfor three days now to find one for her. I am debating driving 6 hrs rounds trip to buy it used. We really really want this product back!!! Nothing in the current market compares to it!

82. Melanie

My kids loved this pool and slide set. It’s hard to believe Step 2 discontinued it as it’s really the best kid pool out there. For those of you looking for one, I have a used pool and slide set for sale. I live in the Seattle, WA area. It’s currently listed on craigslist

83. k2+2

Who knew the search for the perfect kiddie pool would be as tough as the search for childcare?!
    PLEASE bring the Big Splash Center out of retirement quickly – our kids deserve the best.

84. Angela

Please bring it back. I’ve been looking everywhere for it. My daughter LOVES it (my parents have one for when the grandkids visit) but I can’t find one anywhere.

85. tiffani

trying to find a durable pool and slide like this one for the kids. we would love if you brought this one back.

86. Kristy

Please bring back this pool. It is the best out there and most durable. Definitely worth every penny. So yes, yes, yes, bring it back

87. Sharon Hessler

Please bring back the Big Splash Center. I got one about 10 years ago for my brand new puppy and his older brother and they both still love it. Now, my friends bring their kids over to play in it. They all really want one, but are very disappointed that it has been discontinued and they can’t get one. PRETTY PLEASE!!!

88. Carol D.

I would be very interested in this product if you bring it back. My grandkids would love it, so would my ducks! :)

89. heather

please PLEASE bring this back!!! we’re already on our 3rd blowup pool this summer. we are constantly watching craigslist/ebay for one!!

90. Laura

Please bring this item back. Both my kids love this pool every time we visit our friends. I would buy it in a heart beat!

91. Stephanie

I would love to have the big splash center back. I have a used one but need a slide attachment. I know of 4 moms in my “mommy group” that are all now searching on Craigslist to buy one!

92. Amanda

My nephews LOVE my Uncle Jay’s pool. I started looking to buy one and found they are discontinued. I would definitely buy one for my house and have three siblings who would too! Please bring it back !!!

93. Angela Booker

I have been searching high and low for a used Big Splash Pool, since Step 2 no longer makes them new. I, and many others, would love for Step 2 to bring this item back! It would be really nice if you would make one to match the Naturally Playful items, since I own all of those!!!

94. margie

YES PLEASE I NEED 3. ONE FOR MYSELF AND EACH OF MY GRANDKIDS HOMES. I HAVE EVEN TRIED TO FIND ONE USED AND NO LUCK :( PLEASE PLEASE I NEED 3!!!! THANK YOU

95. Susan Price

I’ve been looking for one and didn’t realize they were discontinued. Yes please restock! I am a Nana and my grandson would love this. Me too as it wouldbe much easier to clean and sanitize than plastic blow up pools and last longer than one use. I bought a pool last year and the year before. Onewas a blow up thatgot dirty right away and was terrible to clean and took forever to setup. The other was a snap set that grass grew through the liner. Help!

96. Somchay

PLEASE bring back this item. I would particularly like it if you sold the slide separately as I already have the pool. It is a wonderful summer product. We can fit six kids in there safely!

97. Susie

I had the round little tikes pool with the built in slide for years and have wanted a Big Splash Center for as long as I’ve been a parent (20 years). When my kids were young, I couldn’t afford new items of this price range but watched for a used one for many years. The going price for a used one was always around $75 but someone always beat me to it when I found one :( I recently was blessed when I happened upon a couple dragging their old, dirty, BSC to the curb. It still has the original plug and NO cracks! My dream come true! My babies are all grown up but I’ll be saving this pool for when the grandchildren arrive! I will NEVER sell this family heirloom! I would buy a new one for my kids when they have kids of their own if it makes a comeback :)

98. Heather

Absolutely bring back the Big Splash Center. I have my neighbors’ used pool and dread the day I have to give it back. Also, a top would be really nice so the pool doesn’t have to be flipped over after use to keep it clean.

99. Kate

My daycare lady has one and it’s the only pool that stands up to the kids. I want one for my own use but can’t find one in good condition! Please please bring it back for next season. I’m sure it would be a hot seller.

100. Tammy Amrich

I would say bring it back these pool`s are GREAT I had 1 fro my little girl and just sold it on craiglist I didnt not sell it for an arm and leg like I seen one on e-bay for $399.00 with teh slide when they were new it was only like $80.00 and a little more for the slide which we never did buy . I would say to bring it back and sell them with the slides I would say $150.00 for both s a fair price or maybe $170.00.

101. Carol

YES!! I know of several people, including myself, who are trying to find a Big Splash Center. Those cheap plastic pools just don’t do the trick. These are wonderful for children and dogs!!! Absolutely bring it back!!

102. Samantha

Yes, please bring back this pool!! I’d go buy one immediately!!! Have been looking for a used one, but they are tough to find! My babies would have room to grow with this pool.

103. michele

PLEASE bring the big splash center pool back! this seems to have been one of your most popular items…WHY ON EARTH DID YOU DISCONTINUE IT IN THE FIRST PLACE? the other pool with the shade is too small. you have to bring the big splash pool back!

104. ~Emily~

My 3 yr old & 18 month old were playing with this at a friends house yesterday & They ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! I was hoping to buy 1 for them! PLEASE BRING IT BACK! I have searched & there isn’t another product out there like this 1! I REALLY hope it comes back before summer 2012!!!

105. Trudy

Please bring back the Big Splash Pool had been looking for a month and finally picked up used one on craigslist today. Hated spending the money on used pool since it was a gift for the grandchildren. I have to say how shocked I was to see the prices on eBay someone was trying to sell the combo for 399.00. So save us from pirates and bring back a product we love and trust.

106. Leeann

This is one item that I cannot believe was discontinued. My mother-in-law bought one around 10 years ago and it is still going strong! A year after my son was born(2006), I searched everywhere for this pool and I was willing to pay nearly anything for it!! I searched ebay and craigslist but shipping this pool was not an option. I still check back on this site every now and then in hopes of it’s return. PLEASE BRING THIS POOL BACK! I would tell everyone about it and I’m sure everyone else will too!! It’s a GREAT item!!!!!

107. Tammy

I have had the Big Splash Pool for 13 years. I got it when my dogs were puppies. My dogs are now gone but now my three children use it (ages 2 – twins and age 4). I just went looking for the slide on-line and found it has been discontinued. How disappointing!! Oh, how I wish I would have bought the slide when I bought the pool. Please bring it back!!!

108. lydia

Please bring this pool back – A friend found one on craigslist and my grandchildren love it. I have 3 grandchildren and just found out the my daughter is expecting twins – I need 3. PLEAE BRING IT BACK.

109. Daycare Momma

I was fortunate enough two years ago to buy one from a friend whose children had outgrown it for only $40.00 (pool and slide). I do home day care and this is our FAVORITE summertime toy! If you had new ones, I’d buy a “fresh” one – mine is pretty scratched up (I think it has had several families) – it works great, just isn’t as pretty as I’m sure it once was. You’d sell at least 4 more – each of my day care families has searched for one. I was actually online just now looking for some links to give them and see it was discontinued!

110. Lori W.

PLEASE bring back this pool — we have several Step 2 products that would work wonderfully with this item. It’s raved about on the Toys R Us site, and we want one! Would buy tomorrow if you’d start selling it again! :)

111. Robyn

We would LOVE it if you would bring back the big splash pool and slide!! There is nothing out there like it and it is so hard to find someone willing to part with theirs. I would spend just about anything to get one but can’t find anyone selling it in my area and they won’t ship them. I know MANY people w/ kids and grandkids that would scoop these up FAST. Not sure what it costs to make these but seems like there is enough demand out there that it would be silly not to act on it. The only pool you have available currently can barely fit one of my kids…most families I know have multiple children, yet no one makes a single product to accomodate the average family? Please listen to your loyal step 2 customers and bring this back!!

112. Chrystal

Definitely interested in the return of this pool! We got one of the cheaper hard plastic ones this summer because our little inflatable got a hole right away last year. I’ve been saying for awhile how you can’t find decent hard plastic pools anymore but this was one of them. The one we’ve got for now is pretty thin and no drain. Trying to get one of these used but it’s hard because they go so fast!

113. Cortney Bosworth

Please bring it back! Wonderful pool! They were right about southern summers, the heat and sun breaks down other pools, and inflatable pools get moldy and get holes. This is the best pool EVER!

114. Dustin

I have a big splash center pool with a slide and swing set combo in IL that I am trying to get rid of. […]

115. Sajah Stiller

Please bring back this pool. I have been searching for a used one for 2 years and can’t seem to reply to the ad or get to the sale fast enough before it is gone. There are no alternatives that are as sturdy or last as long. We have already spent a total of $250 dollars over the past 2 years on other pools that don’t even last a season. We would have loved to been able to invest this money in something that we love rather than a mediocre alternative. Step 2 will make lots of money if they bring back this item. Please hurry up and start manufacturing it again. My kids are only going to be toddlers for so long.

116. Kimberly

Please bring back this pool! We have used it at my cousin’s house and my 3 year old loves it. Our younger daughter will love it too. :) PLEASE do this soon! You obviously will have a lot of people interested!!!

117. Ms. Menchaca

I would like to see this product back on the market, its very sturdy and the easy access of draining it makes it more attractive to us the customers. Im finding it on CL and ebay for sale….I was surprised to find out it was discontinued!!!

118. MJ

PLEASE bring this pool back! We have the climbing fort and the kids have been BEGGING for a pool, but nothing else compares with the splash center!

119. Cindy

I have been looking for a reasonably priced used one for 2 years! I would LOVE to buy a new one!!!!!! Can not believe you stopped making these!!!

120. Julee Ellison

Bring it back! A friend that has dogs showed it to me tonight, and I want one so bad for my dogs!! Please, please bring it back!!

121. Kristeen

I have been searching for a sturdy outdoor pool for my Great Dane to cool off in and THIS seems to be exactly what I need – PLEASE bring it back!

122. Sheri R

Please bring it back, we’ve lost 3 blow up pools this year due to holes and major windstorms. I have just recently seen the Big Splash and am in love. I have 2 and an half year old twins that love water, I have a Step 2 backyard complete with climber, clubhouse, and roller coaster and they need a “cool” companion.

123. Natalie Watson

Bring it back! Bring it back! Bring it back! I saw one on craigslist and it looked sweet but it was gone within 24 hours of posting.:( Why do companies ALWAYS discontinue their BEST products?

124. Mandie

BEST KIDDIE POOL EVER!!!! I have a 5 year old and 3-1/2 year old tripelts and they can all play in it together!! We have a crappy LT slide that we have to put over the side b/c our Big Splash Center was a hand-me-down, and the slide was gone. But it works, and they LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I would easily pay $100 for a pool/slide combo that I knew would last me the many years I needed it! It’s going to my BFF next year when we get an above-ground pool, whose daughter is turning 1 at the end of September. No doubt she will have it for many years to use through all of her children as well. PLEASE consider bringing this fantastic product back!!! (Along with the camper playhouse, teehee!!)

125. Cassandra

PLEASE!!!!!! Bring back the Big Splash Center!!!!! Every time we have a party the inflatable pool doesn’t survive the party. I had to borrow my sister’s Big Splash center pool, which she got from her neighbor, this year. It survived the party and I know it will survive a 100 more parties. But I need to get my own, so please bring it back because I don’t want to bring hers back. My children love it and I need it!!!

126. Joyce

We have had the Big Splash Center for over 10 years now. We have it for our, now adult, severely mentally challenged son. It has been so durable but we see the end of it’s life coming soon. Please bring it back. We have looked and looked for an alternative but there just isn’t any as good. PLEASE, for Mikey!!

127. Jennifer A.

I had to add my comment to the many people wanting to purchase a Big Splash kiddie pool. I was just online, searching locally to see if anyone was putting theirs up for sale, when I came across this site! In government, they say 1 letter equals the voice of 100 people. If that’s true and you’ve also “received an overwhelming amount of requests to produce this product again…” the 2011 summer season has come and gone and you lost quite a few sales! Yes. Please, bring this product back into circulation. I am definitely in the market to purchase one and I know a few other parents (and pet owners) who would love to get their hands this pool as well!

128. Lori Corbin

I purchased one of these pools, used, approximately 7 years ago for pet geese and ducks. I cannot stress enough the durability and versatility of this product! Many people have shown an interest in this pool, which was sadly discontinued. It shows only minor effects of being out in the sun and enjoyed by the dogs, geese and ducks year round. Please bring back this product!

129. Marilyn Johnson

Are you going to bring back the Big Splash Pool? It would work wonderful for my licensed daycare I’ve had for 36 years! I have cheaper pools but they aren’t as durable………..do you think you would bring it back? And how would I know? Do you take our names? Please reply! I love Step 2 products and have the slide/climber/swing set all in one……..and the Step 2 big house……….think of all the people you’d make happy!

130. Justin

How about the MaintStreet Village collection? My kids are playing with it now and we really wish we could have purchased more of the collection. It’s the most durable unbreakable set out there and they love it year after year!!!

1. Step2 Post author

Justin, the MainStreet Village line was disconinued a few years ago. However, we’ll pass this request along to our research and development team. Thanks for your feedback!

131. James Mulholland

So I bought a used slide on craigslist earlier this summer. Come to find out when scouring for info on it, there’s a pool that goes with! I want the pool for my daughters ages 3 yrs 3 mos old and 2 yrs old.

132. Lori M

I’m so sad to find out the big splash pool is discontinued! We just got the slide/climber second hand and want to buy the pool. Let me know if you bring it back! We’ll be first in line!

133. Step2 Post author

134. Krista

I had one of these growing up and had tons of fun with it! Now I have a 2 year old and I hate buying those cheap blow up pools I really want one that will last her a while I am sad that you guys discontinued it please bring it back! I would buy it in a heart beat!!!

135. Jackie Barkham

Please bring back The Big Splash Center. I run a kindergarten in Singapore and this is the ONLY paddling pool that is safe, sturdy and provides the children with a real ‘large pool’ feel.Please bring it back!

136. Jimi

I just found out about this as an accessory for the Step2 Naturally Playful Playhouse Climber & Swing Extension that we are purchasing for my son’s second birthday. Please bring back the Big Spash Center! He LOVES water, and it would be a perfect way to combat the Texas heat.

137. Jennifer Herb

Yes! I have been looking all over for one. I didn’t know it was discontinued. Please bring it back! It is perfect for what we need.

138. Rachele

I use to have one of these pools I can’t believe i ever let it go. Now I have a 2 year old again and can’t find one anywhere. His birthday is saturday and I refuse to spend a bunch of money on those cheep blow up pools. These are the only pools that last more then a month. Pleeeeeease bring them back.

139. Jen

PLEASE BRING BACK THE BIG SPLASH CENTER AND SLIDE!! I KEEP HAVING TO BUY A NEW POOL EACH SUMMER (traditional plastic and/or inflatable)!!!

140. Courtney

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to purchase one of these for my daughter. Have spend soooo much money on those other pools (snap set pools and infatable pools) and they have never lasted more than one use! This would be perfect for beating the florida heat!!

141. Melissa

I have searched and searched.. even for a good used one to no avail. We had these for our threee boys, now ages, 25, 22, and 16. I need one for our golden retriever puppies!! This was the best pool ever! Please manufacture these again!!!

142. Beth Propper

I had one and let it go not realizing it was irrepaceable go. Biggest mistake I ever made. It was eighty today and the kids were looking for it. I would buy this step2 product again in a heartbeat. our local independent toy store says they have never been able to offer anything as good since you discontinued this.

143. Ruth Szuba

Please let me know if you have decided to reintroduce the big splash pool/slide
    I really would like to purchase one

Thanks

144. Pam Quesenberry

I have searched for this pool for the past 2 years. I actually went to Toys R Us 2 years to buy it and I was totally upset to find they didn’t carry it anymore. I took for granted that it would always be there because it was so awesome. I for one would pay whatever the cost would be if it was brought back. I’m tired of buying cheap pools every summer for them to not make it past that. I’ve given up on the inflatable ones because they only get slimy and are so hard to keep clean. Not to mention after one night of the neighborhood cats, they deflate and are trash. I’m not as interested in the slide as I am in just the pool. Why don’t you bring it back with the pool as an optional accessory. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring this item back. Toys R Us carries a ton of summer fun items but NONE even come close to comparing to this pool. As soon as its in the store I will own one. PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE. Do more research, find a way to bring this back for all of your loyal customers. My oldest is 21 years old this June and I have every step 2 product I purchased for him. These things went through my girls ages 15 and 12 and are still going strong with my youngest ages 4 and 3. they love the climbers and the slide outside. I love your products because they are quality. Please bring this pool back, I’m sad that I never bought one with my oldest. Hopefully you will bring this back instead of everyone going to Little Tikes to get them to produce one.
    Thank you for your time.

145. PAULA BUCK

My oldest is 23 years old and my youngest is a year old and I was hoping to get my daughter a big splash pool,only to find out it is no longer made. Me and my sister bought one at Toys R us when my son was about 7 and hers were about 2. The pool and the step 2 slide gave them kids hours of fun.Please for all the newer kids coming alone PLEASE BRING IT BACK AND SOON. IF THERE OUT SIDE PLAYING THERE NOT IN THE HOUSE WATCHING TV. THE WORLD HAS TO MANY COUCH POTATOES. WE NEED THE POOL BACK 1 BECAUSE I’M NOT BUYING NO CHEAP POOL FOR MY DAUGHTER TO PLAY IN MONEY IS NOT THE ISSUE SAFETY FIRST. YOUR POOL DOESN’T FALL WHEN A KID LEANS OVER THE EDGE. THE POOL IS ODD TO STORE BUT ITS THE BEST POOL THAT WAS OUT ON THE MARKET.SO PLEEEEEASE BRING THE POOL BACK.

146. Laura

I’ll echo all of the other requests to bring this one back! We just found a used pool after much searching. It didn’t come with the slide. While we’ll have tons of fun with just the pool, I’m wondering if any of the slides in the current lineup will work with this pool? Maybe the Fun Fold Jr. Slide?

1. Step2 Post author

Laura, thanks for your feedback. The only slide currently available that is compatible with the Big Splash Center is the slide on the Naturally Playful Playhouse Climber & Swing Extension.

147. Frank

Really great pool, would love to see it come back! We do have a great used one to sell. frankt1354 at msn dot com

148. Jamie

I am so sad that you have decided against bringing this product back. I have been searching for this pool for a long time. It looks as though there are many people here who would be willing to pay for a quality product such as this. I hope you will reconsider (and soon!).

149. Gladys Parker

This disappoints me. No reasonable way could be found? Do you have plans for anything like it to replace it with? Maybe just charge a little more to cover the shipping costs? It seems with this much feedback they would be an item easy to sell.
    Gladys P (Here from Newly Crunchy mama of 3)

150. phyllis brennan

I bought the pool in 1994 when my daughter was 4 she is now 23 the grand kids used it my day care will use it again this year,we have had story time in it ,made snowman in it,it`s great for car races,and one little guy liked to nap in it,it is the best. Thank you for making products that last generations. phyllis

151. Mary

Also very disappointed that we cannot find this pool. My former in-laws got one used in the 90’s for my kids and their little sister still plays with it. Thought it would be perfect for an 80 lb pitbull mix! Impossible to find a sturdy product. Please reconsider. Children and dogs are desperate to cool off!

152. David

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Bring back the big splash pool! It is the best pool out there and is made with the ultimate quality in mind!

My sister has one and she uses it for her dogs to cool off in. Her pool stays out in the Wisconsin weather 365 days a year! It is still just as good as day one!

Now that I have my son I would like one for him to have fun with.

Not only for parents of little ones but pet owners also can be marketed for this item! This is a universal pool!!! With the prices out there now, roughly $200 and up how much could Step 2 remake them for?? I would be willing to pay $200 plus for a new one!

153. Amber

My daughter just used an older version of this pool at an event and absolutely loved it! I immediately came home to find out where I could buy this pool and slide! She is almost two years old and I know would be able to use this for years and years to come. It would be worth the money. As mentioned in previous requests, I also agree that this pool is the most durable and kid friendly pool I have ever seen. And sooo much fun!! Please re-consider and bring this item back…soon! Thanks!

154. Jenny

Please bring the Big Splash Pool back! What is the problem? So many people want it. If you made it before you can make it again. Why did they take it away in the first place?

155. Lisa

I came to this site looking for a good, hard plastic, pool for the kids, no one is selling them! My mom passed my younger sisters on to me (It would be 20 years old!) but a tree fell on it during a storm and cracked the bottom. I guess I’m going to have to try to fix it because I’m not buying an inflatable pool that wouldn’t last a minute between the kids and dog. I would like to know how its cost effective to sell plastic play houses and big swing sets but not the pools. Even if you don’t sell them directly from this site what about in stores? I guess there is no point in heading over to Toys R Us if all the companies have discontinued this type of pool.

156. dawn

I am a mother of two kids that have had the inflatible pools. Each cost at least $30 each and sadly do not last a full summer. I have been on a mission to find a molded plastic pool that can hold up to two toddlers. Some are at wal-mart but cheap and not large enough, or little tikes that has a pool with built in slide which is awesome, but not large enough for a 2 and 4 year old. I would much rather put my money towards a pool like the splash center knowing it will last. I found some on craigslist.com and trying my best to get one of the two listed!!!!

157. Abby

PLEASE BRING THE BIG SPLASH POOL BACK!!! My friend has one she found at a garage sale and I am JEALOUS! Cannot find anything like it, and not many used ones for sale. HELP!

158. Mom of 2

This pool is the best! We bought one 6 years ago for our dogs to cool off in since they would bite holes in the thin plastic ones. Now we still have it and use it for our two children ages 2 years and 6 months! It is very easy to drain and clean! If or when you do bring it back again I would reccomend adding a lid that securly attaches to the pool to keep out bugs, grass, and dogs etc when not in use.

159. Hope

I currently have 2 of these pools. No slides though. But I think all that are begging for them to be brought back, consider how much you’re willing to pay for them. Right now, second hand they’re going to 175.00 Are you will to pay 400.000 for one brand new? Thats the point the company is trying to make. They could bring them back, but once they put forth the cost are the consumers going to buy it… their perspective and mine, most likely not.

160. Denise

I had a Big Splash pool and slide for my kids when they were little and they LOVED IT!!! They spent many hours of fun with that set. I have a toddler now and have been looking for another set but cannot find anything close to that set in design or durability. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!! It was the best swimming entertainment for young kids, no comparison!!! I can’t believe it was even discontinued! What’s to change, if there was nothing wrong with it???

161. Hope

For those who have a crack and want to fix it, we’ve been told car bondo does wonders, havent had to try it so far.

162. Brenda

Just felt I needed to comment….My oldest is 18 of 4 children. This pool is the BEST! I received the pool 18 years ago from my parents as a gift, along with the Big slide. At the time I thought my parents were NUTS! As a new mom, (Lifeguard instructor and water safety Instructor) my 1st thought was “I will have to throw this thing out after next winter and my child will never be able to use it!”. MOM knows best! My parents knew from experience that this was the way to go. We still have the pool and slide and are not looking to pass it onto another family. We have raised dogs in it, baby ducks learn to swim in (thank goodness for the hard sides or a hawk would have taken one of them) and we have even used it as goal for lacrosse (until I put a stop to it). Every year we ask should we pass it on to another family and the kids all have a reason to keep it. I highly recommend bringing this product back on the market. I want my children to be able to say…Mom knows Best! I would pay up to $300 to give this gift to my 1st grandchild, because I know it would be worth it!

163. Laura

Step2:

Can you tell me what year these were discontinued and what the retail price was at the time? I currently purchased a used one and was curious about the new retail price when they were being manufactured.

Mom of 2

1. Step2 Post author

Hi Laura, thanks for your inquiry. The Big Splash Center was discontinued in 2005. The retail price for this item was $73 and it was available in stores (this price does not include any shipping costs).

164. Avonna Burkman

Step 2 has quality products that are worth the money. BRING BACK BIG SPLASH POOL. I too am broken hearted over the loss of my pool. I have a doggie daycare and used my kids old pool for the dogs. It was great and the dogs loved it. I would invest in 2 more if they ever came back. I have also looked on ebay, but they are always local pick up only and too far away. I just bought a rubbermaid agricultural tub 50 gal and only 1 dog can fit in it. It’s ok but not like your pool. I’m begging for the dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

165. patti

you make the sandbox/planter for $89 It is the same I am thinking about using that for a pool. It cant be that much more to make the slide.

166. karen

Please bring back this pool and slide. My daycare kids loved it. I still have my pool but somebody actually stole my slide and I need another one. People must really want it if they are going around stealing them

167. Debbie Davis

I was fortunate enough to acquire this pool FREE from a neighbor that was moving. I’d never seen one before and was using the cheap drugstore plastic pools for my dogs. We have multiple dogs of our own, volunteer for a rescue and board dogs in our home, so we must have a pool that’s tough enough to handle a lot of doggy traffic. This pool is amazing! and has lasted through about 5 years of constant sun and many dogs crowding into it at once. I scrub it and change the water sometimes several times per week, and leave it full even when the water freezes and the pool is still near-perfect. There is nothing else out there like it. I know they were around $100 or so before, but since there aren’t many alternatives out there, if you brought it back I believe people would be willing to pay a good deal more to acquire one. And I know lots of bulky items get shipped to stores all over the world, so I don’t think the cost of shipping should be an obstacle. You wouldn’t have to offer individual shipping, just indicate to visitors where they could buy one locally. I think you’re missing an opportunity to be a hero to many kid and dog parents as well as make a BUNCH of sales. Google the thing . . . it’s in great demand on craigslist and ebay. Thanks for allowing my opinion, hope you will reconsider.

168. Katy

Along with all the others here, I am BEGGING you to please bring this back… hopefully all this feedback will do something. I have been searching so long for one close by, so I could actually go and pick it up, but no luck so far. Please, just make things easier on all of us and start making these again!! ;)

169. Patty Foster

I have the big splash pool–at least a dozen or more people have asked me WHERE I got it and how they can get one. My granddaughter and my dogs ALL swim in the pool. I have millions of pictures on Facebook–and EVERYONE has asked about the great pool..HUGE SELLER! BRING IT BACK! I Need a second one for my two ducks to swim in! BRING IT BACK!

170. Lisa

I too got this used off Craigslist but ::sigh:: without the slide. Absolutely please reconsider bringing this back. If the shipping is the issue couldn’t you make this an ‘available at retail stores only’ product? Maybe cut a deal with Toys R Us or Walmart or something? You’re shipping some product to retail already, right? One thing you’d have to be sure of though is the quality/thickness of the plastic. You’d have to make it like the original or you’d end up with a ton of returns. :) Thank you Step 2 for great products that make happy kids :)

171. Lisa

Hey, I just had an additional thought – can you at least bring back the slide? Help out those of us that were lucky enough to get our hands on the pool? I’m sure you can figure out shipping for the slide – I think it’s a two piece product right?

172. Kirsten Klinghammer

Please make the Big Splash Pool available again. I ran across it at a greyhound rescue at which I volunteer, and the pool is the best quality I’ve seen. I would like to buy at least one for home, as between our dogs and our llamas, the cheap, relatively flimsy pools don’t last long at all. These pools are really ideal for such animals in hot weather – in addition to kids, of course! In contrast to other posters, the slide isn’t a necessity for me… perhaps offer the pool and the slide separately, and a discount for both together?

173. Karine

I have a daycare now for 5 years and had to buy a pool every year because it breaks .I really wish this would come back,it’s the only thing that is durable.
    I understand you discontinued because you wish to make it affordable but the demand is very high because it’s the only unique anddurable product that was out there so people don’t mind paying a high price for something that will last for years to come.

174. Charlotte

Keep working on bringing this back, don’t give up! I really need something like this and cannot find one! You would have no competition.

175. Allison

I am desperate for a big splash pool. The Rottweiler community highly praises it! We don’t even need the slide. I am looking all over ebay and googling like crazy to find one!

176. Shelly

As a reputable company, we hope that you reconsider, and take seriously, ALL of the requests that you have received to bring back the QUALITY Big Splash Pool and Slide. Word would rapidly spread that your company has listened, and responded to, it’s consumers requests. In this day and age, and in this economy, that in itself (pool sales not withstanding), would be very beneficial to your company. Please, PLEASE bring back the Big Splash Pool & Slide!

177. Michelle Eichler

My cousin has this for her kids she found at a yardsale. I wanted one so I went on a rummage sale site and bought one without the slide. I would love for it to come back as they are hard to find and I would like one for my mothers house.

178. Jennifer

Please bring this pool back, I need one for my dogs. I am willing to pay what ever it will cost. I know of a boarder who has this pool and says its the best pool she has ever found for the dogs. She’s had it for years. I keep buying cheap $20 pools, but I’d rather just pay for a quality one that will last. Just like Allison said above the Rotties need this pool and don’t forget about the Pit Bulls who LOVE water. The play and shade pool is way to small. Market it for Dogs, people spend a lot on their dogs. Just PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

179. gen

no no no I read that Step 2 won’t bring back big splash pool….very diseappointing since it would be a ‘FAST SELL’ product…i know a lot of families looking for that particular product !
    I’m sure there’s a way to bring back that product with a good price combining shipping et production !

180. Kim

Hi, I’ve never owned this pool but I hear great things about it and would like to know if your considering bringing back to the market…I own the tugboat and the slide that can be attached to the big splash pool…please bring it back so i can purchase and attach the slide to it for my twin boys to have fun in it in the summer…Thanks

181. Kathy Lamprecht

I NEEEEEED a Step 2 pool and the only one I’ve run across would require theft on my part! Condition isn’t critical as I need it for dogs and horses but haven’t been able to locate a used one and will happily buy a new one. Help!

182. GG

I loved the step2 pool, after having one for years, now my daughter has children on her own and wanted to buy one and can’t find one anywhere. There is nothing that has been produced for children that has been as durable nor safe. Ours has been around for years, I have 4 adult children with kids of their own that would love to own one. I don’t understand why something that could withstand years of action would be discontinued. (I thought 2 years ago mine was finished for sure we had someone drive in our back yard with a truck and he ran it over, let me tell you, it is still holding water without any issues. Please for the safety of the children and the wallet, bring this back.) Any family with young children would buy this.

183. Laura S

Hi. I, too, am begging you to bring this pool back. I really don’t care about the slide as I feel that might be dangerous with children but the pool was the best ever! I have had mine for at least 20 years and this year it finally cracked and cannot be filled up very high. I would buy 4 of these in a heartbeat as they truly are wonderful for kids and pets. PLEASE rethink your position on bringing this back. In store pickup only would work but I would pay a reasonable shipping cost as well ($10 to $20 range) as long as you bring back this item with the same quality as the original.

184. Christina

This makes me sad, I ahve seen a couple used ones on craigslist but they sell so quickly, and they seem to last forever. I wish there was something comparable on the market but so far i have not found it! Bring this back! we would all gladly pay extra for something that will last! i hate buying inflatables that get holes in them every year!

185. Christie

Why can’t u bring it back as an in store only item. I would love to have one with 5 boys trying to find something they can’t destroy is hard. My sister has one for her girls she got at a yard sale and they love it.

186. dan

I think you are a fool to not bring these back. There selling on ebay for $400 used. Bad business decision. HUGE MARKET FOR THIS. Time for me to get in the childrens pool business.

187. Betty

Please bring back the Big Splash Center; I wonder why it was discontinued since it was the most durable baby pool available. Please reconsider bring it back; My nieces bough their pool a while back and now my son needs one. Please bring it back. Thank you

188. Amy

I’m not sure how much my comment will matter but…

BRING BACK THE BIG SPLASH POOL!

It’s a pretty cut throat race trying to get one of these coveted item. I haven’t won the battle yet, but hopefully you’ll change your mind and start producing these ASAP!! These pools are so versatile. You’re doing the public a diservice by denying us these. :)

189. Valarie

I had one YEARS ago when my twins were babies (they are 16). I’m looking for one again, for my ducks!!! We LOVED it!!! Please bring it back!

190. Melissa

I really wish that you would bring back the big splash center as well!!! I have searched and searched to find something like this for my 4 children and I cannot find ANYTHING comparable. I would definitely be willing to pay to have something like the big splash center than have to keep buying those cheap plastic pools at Walmart every year b/c they don’t last long. The quality of the big splash center would last for years, but I cannot even find it used.

191. Linda

I had one for years, lent it to my sister and her kids broke it. I have a little one now and I am soooo sad that they will not make them anymore. There has to be a way to make them, ship them at a decent price. People are paying $125 plus for used ones on craigslist and ebay. It is so competitive I have not been able to get one. There is definitely a market for this. Please reconsider before my little one is too big!

192. jennifer

step 2 Big Splash pool
    Im sure all would agree, you get what you pay for and I know that this pool would be a big sell for you. try just stacking them and discontinue the slide or sell it separately. we need this i bought min 8 years ago and I still have it!!! please go back to the drawing board,

193. Vicky

Why would they bring a product back that lasts 10 years plus? Probably more profitable for them to sell lower quality stuff that we all end up replacing every other year.

194. Jmelevek

My mother bought the Big Splash Pool with Slide for my Little Sister about 18 years ago. It has been through my siblings and cousins ( 20+ kids) I let my Mother in Law borrow it last year (7 more kids) and now it’s at my house waiting for my daughter who is 4 months old to be big enough for it. It’s a great product – if people are willing to pay $300+ for a blowup slide with a pool that lasts a season for their kids they would easily pay $250-300 for a pool that would last 20 years and 30 kids! These are going for $150+ used on craigslist like hotcakes….

195. Mike

Please look into bringing this back again, it was the best pool my dogs ever had and i’d love to get them another to share with my son.

196. Chrs

Wow. I was just trying to figure out how much I should ask for mine, but after reading all of this, seeing the prices and demand, and learning it’s been discontinued, I’ve decided to hang onto mine for my children’s children. This was the best pool ever. My slide needs some new screws on it where the ladder portion attaches….do you sell those to replace still?

1. Step2 Post author

Chris,

We unfortunately don’t have have replacement parts for the slide you are referring to because it has also been discontinued. I am very sorry for this inconvenience.

197. Jennifer Gordon

I bought my first pool 10 years ago for our bird rescue. We still use this pool today. With all the lifting and cleaning there is finally a crack where we lifted it. I get asked all the time by duck owners where they can get this pool for their pets. Please bring it back! I expect we will limp this one along for another 2 years then i will need to buy new one somewhere. Whatever they cost they are worth it. A normal person could have one for 20 years and not have it break.

198. Tiffany Jones

Please bring this back. I have spent the last 2 years searching for an used one. I would pay whatever it takes.

199. Melissa

I cannot understand why on earth this pool was ever discontinued, and why Step2 cannot find some way to produce it again–even after reading all of these pleas to bring it back. These pools would sell like hotcakes! How can you say it would be too expensive to make/ship when you make and ship many, many products that are much larger than this pool?! It just doesn’t make sense!

Step2, I beg you to PLEASE RECONSIDER!!! Please respond.

1. Step2 Post author

Melissa,

Thank you for your feedback and passion regarding the Big Splash Pool. The reason why our larger products are able to still ship for an affordable price is because they come in multiple parts and boxes that require assembly. The Big Splash Pool would ship as a one whole product, in one very large box, which is why we are unable to come up with the right combination of affordability for both the customer and Step2. I deeply apologize that we are unable to bring back this product.

1. Melissa

How did you manage to ship it in the past? What was the cost then?

I don’t understand why Step2 just up and decided one day that they couldn’t do it anymore, after successfully selling so many of these pools.

200. Karen

I think Step2 is under estimating what people will pay for this pool! It is a great product and in very high demand. A big mistake to not bring it back!

201. Cindy Backstein

Dear Step 2,

I have been searching for this for some time. It was affordable back when we bought our first one so why not just do it the same way? We don’t need it to come in a box. Just stack them like they do vinyl/plastic storage tubs or garbage can and ship them like that to the stores. I’m sure Walmart would buy them in large quantities and you are probably shipping large amounts to Walmart already so just add them to the same truck. I bet other large chains would also buy in bulk to sell in their stores. You might not be able to ship 1 here and 1 there but why not just plan on making it only available in a large store that is willing to buy in bulk? If you could do it when it first came out, why can’t you do it again? We all bought it then, we would still buy it again and so would many new customers. PLEASE!

202. Laura Glaa

I had a big splash pool years ago. I refused to throw it away. So I gave it away. Now I have a new toddler & want him to have one. It’s a great product. Made well, big but not huge & safer than the blow up pools. Years later, people still want it. Bring it back!

203. Otto Marx

My 2 year old lives in this every day in the summer. And it is time for a new one. I bought it 9 years ago for my dogs and I’ve never seen any other pool out there take the abuse that the step 2 can. I need a new one please bring it back.

204. Rita

I have been looking all around about this product to price match for a garage sale, but finding out that it isn’t available anymore, I don’t know if I want to get rid of it. I have a large slide with a deck and a small little area underneath the deck that connects to the pool. My girls are growing up and it’s small for them, but they do love going down the slide into the pool without having to worry about it breaking or collapsing. Now it’s just the option on what to do with it.

205. Jim

I have had my Big Splash for about 12 years as I bought it at Menards in Lindenhurst for my baby spotted turtle. She now has had 15 babies, but this is the best play area for my pet turtles on a hot day! Please bring it back; I want another one for an indoor play area

206. Nancy King

Most of us don’t care about the cost…just bring the big splash pool with the slide back…maybe sell it through Walmart or Target, etc.?

207. Shannon

Or eliminate some of your shipping costs and sell it through membership houses like Costco or Sam’s Club. People would buy these even if the cost was high.

208. Amber

I know that you have said that you will not bring it back due to the fact that you can not find a way to come up the right combination when it comes to all around affordability and Quality. Have you thought of instead of selling it in store selling it on your site with different slide options? That way it goes directly from you to consumer. No middleman or stores that have to find the room to carry it. Less time and money trying to get the product out to the public. All you would have to do is make the pool and make a combinations with some of the products that you already have in stock. That you don’t have to have a separate slide a just for the pool.
    You already have people that want to the product. I also know that there are people out there willing to buy a good quality product at any reasonable price. I personally, will pay any reasonable price and whatever shipping price it would take to have it delivered to my home. I know that this pool would last my family for many years to come and that is worth it. If you ask the consumer they might tell you the same thing, but you will never know until you ask the consumer.

209. Stephanie

I would like one of these so bad for my son! We cant’ find a used one anywhere!! Pleaes bring it back!

210. Samantha Frye

It’s a shame you won’t bring back the step 2 big splash pool! I had one as a child and I hate that I can’t get one for my little girl. There is not another pool out there like it. Whatever the cost I would buy one because they are well constructed and last forever. Makes me not want to buy anything else from the company because the demand for these pools are crazy and you won’t listen to customer feedbad. It’s a shame!!

211. Laura

I’ve been searching for one for over a year. I’d pay quite a lot (even shipping) for one! It would be awesome to bring this back.

212. Shawnra

I received the pool portion from neighbor back in 2007, she was using it for her dogs, it was missing the plug and had a nail in the bottom. Which didn’t matter to me, in triple degree heat you need something to help the pups cool down. Fast foward to today… My dogs AND my three children (6,5 & 3) still use this. Bring this back and I’ll buy another for my ducks!!!

213. Jennifer H

Please please please bring back the step 2 pool with slide!!!!!I had one when my oldest son was a toddler-now I have another toddler and I need one and can’t find!!!!

214. Donna

Please bring the Step 2 Big Splash pool back to the store. They are sturdy and last forever but we need a new one.

215. Jen

Wondering if you have any plans to bring back the Big Splash Center Pool and or have anything similar? I have not been able to find anything of its kind for my 3yr old. My parents have one from my now 16yr old cousin and there’s really nothing comparable. These pool/slide combos are selling like hotcakes on ebay/craigslist – just unfortunate none have come up close enough to my area to buy a used one. You would make many many parents as well as pet owners happy if you decided to recreate. Please!!!!

1. Step2 Post author

At this time we have no intentions of bringing back the Big Splash Center or creating a similar product.

216. Angie Wilson

My Big Splash Center is almost ready for the trash. I have had it for 10 years. Your blog suggests that it is not possible to bring it back affordably. What about those of us who will pay top dollar for a brand new pool. There isn’t another strudy pool on the market.

1. Step2 Post author

Angie, at this time we have no intentions of bringing back the Big Splash Center or creating a similar style product.

217. Tabitha Janzen

I was looking for a pool for my boys and came across the splash pool and slide. I am so sad to see it discontinued. There is no one out there that has anything close to it. I understand it was a pricey item but with all the people wanting it back. You know you would have the sales. I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t bring it back.

218. Olivia

I would love to own another one of these as well as multiple other people! I think that since it’s such an awesome product! If is actually one of the most durable kid pools that used to be on the market people! I think people
    wouldn’t mind spending the extra $50 or what ever it would be on shipping because they know they’re getting a product that will last! :)

1. Step2 Post author

Olivia, at this time we have no intentions of bringing back the Big Splash Center or creating a similar style product.

219. Anna

I agree I think no matter how expensive they are people will still buy one I know I would I really think the company is making a big mistake by not making them anymore people will take their business somewhere else if the company doesn’t respect what they want please Step 2 tell us all The real main reason for not bringing them back cant just be the cost because all things have increased in price there has to be another reason.

220. Sandra Perry

I wish you would bring back your big splash pool. I had one for my children and would love my grandson to be able to play in such a fantastic product. Your play products are everywhere in my home and in my daughter’s home, they are first quality and I wish I had held on to that pool years ago.

221. Karen

we have used this pool for many years for a puppy whelping box, a dog play pool and with all of the neighborhood kids and ours just broke. We would love to buy a new one…PLEASE BRING BACK THE Big Splash Center Step 2 pool.

222. Sarah

Step 2 people, Obviously, you must be insane to have discontinued this product! I just bought one on craigslist, and we LOVE it! I would have bought a new one in a heartbeat at double the price. 284 replies on here alone? I repeat….insane!