Step2 has partnered with Recycle Solutions to reduce our carbon footprint. Each Step2 employee has been provided with a desk container to recycle computer paper, pamphlets, envelopes, magazines, newspaper, catalogs, and other cardboard and paper items.
Why Step2 recycles:
- A typical office generates one pound of paper per employee
- 77 percent of what is wasted in offices across the country is recyclable
- Paper makes up approximately one-third of landfill waste
- Making paper creates both air and water pollution, but recycling techniques have been refined and mills can recycle paper with less pollution than when making new paper
- It takes up to 40% less energy to recycle paper than it does to create paper
- Recycling aligns with our ambitious goal to increase our energy efficiency and reduce carbon emissions as a Save Energy Now LEADER