There is something magical about having small children. As they grow and learn to pull out their toys for play, it seems harder for us to keep their bedrooms organized. There are easy things that we can do to help with this.
1. Toy box. Having a toy box in a child’s room will keep the large toys stored in one place. It can be bought in different shapes, colors and styles that will help stimulate a child’s own imagination in his or her playtime.
2. Shelving. Brightly painted shelving can be securely fastened to a child’s bedroom wall and at a level that the toys can be easily and safely reached. This will prevent climbing.
3. Clear plastic containers. Clear plastic containers can be used to store crayons and small toys. We can see what is inside. These can be stored on top of the shelves.
4. Over the door shoe holders. Over the door shoe holders are great for storing action figures or small dolls.
5. Storage bins. Different colored storage bins are very useful for putting any remaining toys in after the toy box is full.
In designing a child’s bedroom, doing these simple things will easily organize it. A child will be eager to help put the toys back where they belong after an enjoyable time playing with them.