Finding ways to keep kids active during the fall can be a challenge. During the summer, children enjoy playing in the pool and being outdoors, soaking up the sun and fun daily. As school starts and the weather cools, as parents, we can easily forget about all that outdoor active play has to offer. According to Health.com, there are simple ways to keep your children active during autumn.
- Encourage them to play outside during the weekends or after school during the week
- Remind them to use their playhouses and swing sets to increase their levels of activity
- Find a kid friendly class in the community that requires physical activity
- Go on a hike during the weekend – don’t forget to bring your wagon to collect leaves and rocks
- Turn simple chores into active play – turn on the music and ask them to sweep up the kitchen floor with the beat
Teaching your children the importance of staying active will help to lay the foundation for a lifetime of healthy habits. What tips do you have when it comes to keeping your children active during autumn?