Alternatives to Discontinued Camper and Swing for Two

Step2 toys have a reputation for lasting many years. Since our toys last for so long, many times customers will see toys that their friends, neighbors, and family members own that were available for purchase in the early 2000’s. But, unfortunately, these products that have caught their attention are no longer available for purchase.

Many customers have asked about the Camper Fun Playhouse and Caterpillar Swing for Two. Unfortunately, these two products are among the discontinued. Although these adorable products are no longer available for purchase, we have products that are similar in function and size.

camper fun playhouse
caterpillar swing for two

Naturally Playful Welcome Home Playhouse: This giant playhouse is even bigger than the Camper Fun Playhouse, which means more children can play in the playhouse together. In the old camper, children would use pretend play to imagine that they were going on a camping trip. In the Welcome Home Playhouse children can pretend to not only to play house but they can imagine they own a drive thru restaurant and use the windows to take food orders and use one of the other windows to deliver food.

welcome home playhouse

Infant to Toddler Swing and Toddler Swing: The Caterpillar Swing for Two held two children; however, by attaching the Infant to Toddler Swings or Toddler Swings next to each other on a swing set, toddlers will still be able to swing next to one another while being able to enjoy a comfortable swing all to themselves.

swings

Which products have you purchased as an alternative to the Camper Fun Playhouse and Caterpillar Swing for Two?

9 thoughts on “Alternatives to Discontinued Camper and Swing for Two

1. Kristian Oyen

I don’t see a thing here that could even BEGIN to take the place of the camper. My little grandson loves to pretend to cook, wash dishes, etc, but the real appeal of the thing was the fact that it is a truck that he could “drive”, since he is a confirmed car guy at two years of age. with all the interest in the camper, why do you not offer it anymore? And it is popular enough that no one ever seems to put used ones up for sale. Several people who have had them say they have waiting lists to sell the things, so none ever appear on the open market.
    Crank up the process and make some more, please?

2. Haylee

I completely agree with the last post. The camper is awesome and you cannot find them anywhere. I have spent numerous days and hours searching and when I do find one it was sold within minutes. I really wish you guys would make another one. I definitely know it would be sold out in no time. I hope someone notifies me if you ever do so they don’t sell out before I can purchase one.

3. Jamie

Omg I just found this camper when searching images for step2 playhouses. I’ve been looking for a playhouse for my sons and nothing seems to be boyish enoug until I saw this. It’s absolutely amazing, I can’t believe you don’t sell these anymore. I’ve searched and searched and the few I found were across country and already sold. Please make these again, I k ow they’d be a huge hit with the boys and girls!

4. Becky R

I absolutely agree that these items would be big sellers if Step 2 would make them again. I have been searching for the swing for my daycare to no avail. When I saw the camper, I fell in love with it too. Please consider bringing these items back!

5. Aunie

Bring back the camper! I’ve been searching on and off for years. My older two kids’ window has long passed to be able to play with something like this but my youngest is only 1 so I’m hoping to be able to find it for him. Good thing I’m starting now, because unless you make it again my chances of finding one are slim. Why would you discontinue such a unique toy? Your replacement toy doesn’t even compare to the camper!

6. serena dorrian

Hello from Ireland!

I would love this camper for my kids! I know this would be a huge hit in this country! There is nothing like it on the market. you may be unaware of the huge baby boom that is currently in progress in Ireland and with 2014 being the busiest year for weddings it is set to continue! Start making these please

1. Tracy

Please please please, bring back the camper!! Boys and girls of this generation deserve to play in this Camper. I too have been searching for 2 years with no luck at all.

7. Dana D

Please please please bring back the camper! My son played with one and loved it and I have desperately been searching for one since. Agree that the alternatives posted above are no comparison.

8. Linda

PLEASE bring back the camper!! My Grandson happened upon one at a playspace our local shopping center set up for patrons, and it was so hard to get him to leave. We’d love to be able to buy it for him.