It’s time to get crafty with our new blog series FriDIY. The last Friday of every month we will be featuring craft tutorials that you and your little ones can make together! Your kids will be able to use many of these craft ideas with their Step2 toys.
This month, we searched the web for inspiration and stumbled upon an awesome idea from Mother’s Niche for a gas can to go along with your little one’s ride-on toys. We just had to try it out ourselves! This gas can will go perfect with Easy Turn Coupe and Toddle Tune Coupe because both cars have built-in gas caps that little racers can pretend they are filling up! Without further ado, let’s get started:
- Gather the following materials: an old detergent bottle or carpet cleaning spray bottle, paper, scissors, auto fuel funnel (which you can find at your local dollar store) and tape. Soak the bottle in hot water and soap before repurposing this as a play toy. As with any craft, adult supervision is highly recommended.
- The auto fuel funnel easily detaches into two parts, the funnel and the tube. You will only need the tube for this craft.
- Your child can draw the label for the gas can to help develop their writing and drawing skills or you can print out the one we created by clicking here. Cut out the label so it fits on the bottle.
- Tape the label onto the bottle.
- When taping, we only taped the four sides of the label onto the bottle. For extra durability, you can use packaging tape and cover the entire label in tape.
- Get tape or a hot glue gun for the opening of the bottle.
- Line the tape or hot glue around the opening of the bottle.
- Place the tube onto the opening of the bottle. Hold onto the part of the tube that is attached to the bottle for twenty seconds.
Now your kids can fuel up some fun and imaginative play with their new gas can!
Manufacturer’s Note: Please make sure children are the recommended age to play with the products featured in this blog post.