The sun is shining and the grass is lush and green. Do you know what that means? Spring is finally here and summer is on its way! Toddlers and preschoolers love spending time outside when the weather is nice, so why not give them an incredible outdoor toy? Step2 offers a variety of outdoor play product including swing sets. Choosing a swing set can be a difficult choice, so we’ve developed some tips to help make your decision easier. Here are five tips for selecting the best swing set for you children:
- Material: Swing sets are made out of different types of materials depending on the manufacturer. Most swing sets are made of wood (redwood, red cedar, yellow cedar, northern white cedar, pine or pressure treated), metal or plastic. Step2 swing sets are made of durable plastic that won’t splinter or warp. Even though our swing sets are made of plastic, the natural design and colors makes them look like they are made of wood.
- Size: It’s important to keep in mind how a swing set will look and fit in your backyard. On each swing set’s product page, we list the dimensions to help you visualize the size of the outdoor toy. It’s also important to keep in mind that you will need a 6.5 foot clearance around the entire swing set when assembling (refer to the assembly instructions for further installation details). This information will also help ensure the swing set will be the perfect fit in your backyard!
- Key Features: Ask yourself, what features do you want your kid’s swing set to have?
- Is it durable and sturdy?
- What is its lifespan and does it have a warranty?
- How many kids can play on the swing set?
- What’s the appropriate age range?
- Can you attach a toddler swing to the set so your kids can grow into it?
- Customer Reviews: Whether you are purchasing a swing set online or checking them out in a store, it’s a good idea to see what other people have said about the outdoor toy you’re interested in. Check out the pros and cons in the reviews and also look at how many customers have reviewed the product.
- Color scheme: Like we said before, most of our swing sets have a natural colors and designs. Depending on your preference, you may want your swing set to blend well with its surroundings or stand out.
Outdoor play is essential for childhood development and making adventures memorable, which is why picking the best swing set for your little ones is so important.
Do you have any tips you would recommend to families looking for swing sets?