Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to start decorating for the holidays! This month, we’ve created a craft that allows your youngsters to help with decorations. Making adorable holiday magnets will help spread the joy and anticipation for the celebrations ahead. Plus, it’s the perfect way for you and your little ones to show off your artistic creations!
Here what you’ll need:
- Art easel (we used the Easel for Two)
- Foam Sheets (which included snowflake shapes)
- Googly eyes
- Magnetic tape strips
- Tape (optional)
- Cut foam snowflakes into a circle.
- Place adhesive magnetic strips on the back of each circle.
- Use some of the circles to create the faces for the snowmen. Glue googly eyes and cut of pieces of the foam sheets to create a nose and mouth. You can also use the foam sheets to make a scarf for your snowmen!
- With the green foam sheet, you and your little ones can design a Christmas tree and add lights with the other colors from the sheets. You can also create a star to place on top! Add a magnetic strip to the back of the tree and the star.
- Place the magnets on the magnetic side of your art easel or fridge and begin “building” snowmen and playing with the Christmas tree!
*Optional step: With the leftover foam snowflakes, you can place magnetic strips on the back of them and add those to your fridge or kid’s easel.
Will you and your little artists create these magnets for the holidays?
Manufacturer’s Note: Please make sure children are the recommended age to play with the product featured in this blog post. Adult supervision is required.