It’s time to put your little one’s interior decorating skills to the test with this month’s FriDIY craft! We’re designing furniture that will be perfect for pretend play fun with dolls. Who needs to buy doll furniture when you and your kiddos can create it? This craft can be made with four supplies and four easy steps!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mint tin
- Two sheets of craft felt
- Any fashion doll up to 12″ tall
- Dollhouse (we used the Grand Balcony Dollhouse)
- Take one sheet of felt and fold it twice.
- Place folded felt into bottom part of the mint tin.
- Take the other sheet of felt and cut out a rectangle that is a quarter of the size of the original sheet.
- Fold this sheet in half and place it in the mint tin’s lid.
Your little designers can place the furniture they created in any room of their dollhouse! Playing make believe is an important activity for kids and this artistic creation makes pretend play even more fun.
Will you be trying this craft with your youngsters this weekend?
Manufacturer’s Note: Please make sure children are the recommended age to play with the product featured in this blog post. Adult supervision is required. Dollhouse furniture and dolls are not included with the Grand Balcony Dollhouse by Step2.