9 Ways to Brighten Someone’s Day
Donate gently loved books to a good cause.
Did you know there are over 40,000 Little Free Library Book Exchanges throughout the United States and over 70 countries around the world? It's an amazing program where you can exchange books for free. Kids love this program!
October 5th is National Do Something Nice Day! Here are some fun ideas for you to use to brighten someone’s day. Feel free to use them today or any day!
1. Reconnect with someone you haven’t seen in a while. A quick note, a phone call, or text just to say hello could brighten someone’s day more than you know!
2. Pay for someone’s coffee, toll, parking meter or bus fare. Getting this kind of surprise is a wonderful feeling!
3. Take a sweet treat to someone you think is doing a great job. The list of people you could take a treat to is endless….policemen, firemen, clergy, teachers just to name a few.
4. Take a donation to an animal shelter. Did you know that most animal shelters accept the following items? Newspapers, bleach, dish soap, paper towels, tissues and zip lock bags. What a great way to help out animals in your community!
5. Make a gift basket for a friend or neighbor. Do you have a friend who is down on their luck? Putting together a movie themed basket with popcorn and a gift card for a DVD rental would bring a smile to anyone’s face!
6. Be someone’s buddy. This can be accomplished by people of any age. Look for someone who looks like they could use a friend and take the time to talk to them.
7. Give a compliment. Giving a coworker or friend recognition for a job well done will go a long way!
8. Leave some inspiration in an unusual place. Take a small inspirational item to a park or walking path to brighten a stranger’s day! We placed these inspirational coins on a walking path next to a lake.
9. Donate gently loved books to a good cause. Did you know there are over 40,000 Little Free Library Book Exchanges throughout the United States and over 70 countries around the world? It’s an amazing program where you can exchange books for free. Kids love this program!
While we were at the lake placing our inspirational items, we discovered there was a Little Free Library at the park. We ran into Eric and his daughter who help maintain the Little Free Libraries in their town. They told us about the program and it turns out that Eric is a children’s author and illustrator. Click here to learn more about him and his books!
Happy National Do Something Nice Day!
What is your favorite thing to do for someone out of the blue?
Pin this post for later