There is nothing quite like having a best friend. They’re a shoulder to cry on, a soul to confide in and a pal to build memories with. Often we consider our best friends a part of our families as we grow alongside them throughout the years. Your little ones will make friends throughout their lives and some will be here to stay as lifelong friends. In honor of National Best Friend Day, here are seven quotes that describe the beautiful bond of best friends:
“My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford
“Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend.” – Bill Watterson
“A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.” – Elbert Hubbard
“Friends are relatives you make for yourself.” – Eustache Deschamps
“A true friend is the one who walks in when others walk out.” – Walter Winchell
“The language of friendship is not words but meanings.” – Henry David Thoreau
“Good friends are like stars, you don’t always see them, but you know they are always there.” -Anonymous
Which quote is your favorite? How are you spending this heartfelt day dedicated to friendship?
Product featured: Play & Store Sandbox
Summer is almost here and we’re ready to hit the beach! On the days that you and your family can’t make it to your local tropical getaway, backyard activities can be just as fun. When little ones play in their sandbox they can pretend they have their toes in the sand at the beach. Playing in sandboxes is not only entertaining for kiddos, but it’s also a great way to enhance their sensory skills as they feel, dig and build with it. Here are four creative ways your kids can play in a sandbox:
- Buried treasure: Little adventurers can search for buried treasure. Mom and dad can hide some toys or pretend jewels in the sand and youngsters can use their shovels to dig around and strike it rich!
- Secret messages: Toddlers and preschoolers can take a stick and write or draw secret messages and images in the sand. They can also use rocks to create shapes and letters. This is a great activity to develop their fine motor skills!
- Sand castle: There is nothing quite like building castles on the beach or in your sandbox. Let little builder’s imaginations go wild as they use buckets, leaves, and stick to create a home fit for a king and queen.
- Plant in the sand: Little green thumbs can pretend to plant in it as they gather leaves and sticks from trees. They can even create this greenery to go around the beautiful sand castle they designed!
What creative ways and games do you children play in their sandbox?
Featured product: Naturally Playful Summertime Play Center
Learn more and shop our full line of kids sand and water play toys here: http://www.step2.com/c/Kids-Toys/Sand-Water-Play
We’re gearing up for Memorial Day Weekend with this month’s FriDIY craft! Usually on this holiday, many families are outside if the weather is nice. They’re barbequing, enjoying a nice meal, playing outside and relaxing. If you’ll be enjoying some backyard festivities this weekend, why not decorate your outdoor accessories with some red, white and blue? We decided to turn our safety friend, the KidAlert & Pup V.W.B. into a patriotic pal!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Roll the red bandana up and tie it around the neck of your safety companion.
- Take the white bandana, roll it up and tie it around on the waist of your safety signal.
- Wrap the blue bandana around the neck of the pup.
- Remove the flag that comes with this product from the hand of the KidAlert and insert the pinwheel flag.
Your little ones will love decorating their safety pal for this fun filled weekend! Do you decorate your KidAlert during any holidays? If so, post pictures to our Facebook page!
*This craft was created for illustrative purpose. We do not condone or recommend using the KidAlert & Pup V.W.B for safety purposes when it is decorated.