Today is National Hugging Day, what a loving holiday for all to celebrate! Adults and children alike can enjoy the embrace of a nice warm hug. Wrapping your arms around someone can be a way to greet others or show them you care. Either way, giving hugs can make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. You and your little one can celebrate this adorable holiday with big bear hugs and cuddling! Besides embracing one another on this heartfelt day, did you know hugging is healthy for you? Here are five reasons to hug:
- Hugs reduce worries and fears, according to the Association for Psychological Science.
- Studies show that, hugs are a natural stress reliever.
- According to an experiment from Emory University, babies that are hugged a lot become less stressed adults.
- Hugs help comfort loved ones when they’re sad.
- The best benefit of all is hugs are proven to make people happier!
Who are you going to hug during this affectionate holiday?
Last month we began decorating our HQ and now our holiday cheer is in full effect! Does your family enjoy hanging lights from your home and watching them illuminate the night? You and your youngsters can get even more festive with lights and decorations by adding them to a playhouse. Whether it’s inside or in the backyard, it will add to the holiday fun.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Stick the adhesive hanging hook on the front of the playhouse above the entrance and place the wreath on the hook.
- Wrap the Christmas lights around the playhouse. Make sure you are close enough to an electrical outlet so you can plug in the lights.
- If your playhouse is inside or you live an area where there’s no snow on the ground, place the spider webbing on the ground and roof of the playhouse to represent snow. Before using the spider webbing, we picked out the little spiders that were originally included in the web.
Does your family decorate your children’s playhouse for the holidays? If so, post the pictures on our Facebook page!
Manufacturer’s Note: Please make sure children are the recommended age to play with the product featured in this blog post. Adult supervision is required.
The holidays are a time to spend with family, enjoy delicious meals and celebrate one another. This season, you and your little ones can help out in your community to spread joy to those that need it most. Here are three ways kids can give back during the holidays:
Volunteer: There are so many ways you and your youngsters can volunteer! You can serve food at a soup kitchen or take cookies to a nursing home, the possibilities are endless. This is a great way to make people smile that deserve love, affection and some yummy food!
Give thanks: Kiddos can write letters to family members telling them how much they love them. Your family can also give thanks by sending care packages to troops overseas to salute their efforts and hard work.
Donate: Your children can pick out presents to donate to Toys for Tots for kids less fortunate in your area. Explain to your youngsters that not everyone is fortunate enough to celebrate the holidays, which is why it’s important to be generous and share the joy of the holidays with others.
How will your family give back this year?