It’s time to put your little one’s interior decorating skills to the test with this month’s FriDIY craft! We’re designing furniture that will be perfect for pretend play fun with dolls. Who needs to buy doll furniture when you and your kiddos can create it? This craft can be made with four supplies and four easy steps!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Take one sheet of felt and fold it twice.
- Place folded felt into bottom part of the mint tin.
- Take the other sheet of felt and cut out a rectangle that is a quarter of the size of the original sheet.
- Fold this sheet in half and place it in the mint tin’s lid.
Your little designers can place the furniture they created in any room of their dollhouse! Playing make believe is an important activity for kids and this artistic creation makes pretend play even more fun.
Will you be trying this craft with your youngsters this weekend?
Manufacturer’s Note: Please make sure children are the recommended age to play with the product featured in this blog post. Adult supervision is required. Dollhouse furniture and dolls are not included with the Grand Balcony Dollhouse by Step2.
This month’s FriDIY will make you and your little ones hungry for some pizza! With this crafty activity, mini chefs can put their creative cooking skills to the test without making a mess in the kitchen. This pizza making kit will be tons of fun and you can even add an extra element of imaginative play with a play kitchen!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cut out the three stencils.
- The biggest stencil will be used for the pizza crust. Place the stencil onto the tan felt and with a marker, trace around the circle and cut it out.
- The medium size stencil will be used for the pizza sauce. Place the stencil onto the red felt and with a marker, trace around the circle and cut it out.
- The smallest stencil will be used for the cheese. Place the stencil onto the white felt and with a marker, trace around the circle and cut it out.
- With the leftover scraps of the red felt draw circles for pepperoni and cut them out. We also made other shapes for veggies. You can use different colors of felt to represent other toppings that go on a pizza, like black olives, mushrooms, pineapple, ect.
- Put the layers of felt on top of one another to create the pizza.
And you can’t forget to pop the pizza in the oven to let it bake! This is where your child’s play kitchen will be useful. They can place their yummy treats into the oven and you can set a timer to let them bake.
What do you think of this delicious FriDIY creation? Will you be trying this craft with your kiddos this weekend?
Manufacturer’s Note: Please make sure children are the recommended age to play with the product featured in this blog post. The small parts featured in this craft are not recommended for children under three years of age. Adult supervision is required
Climb, shoot and score with the Game Time Sports Climber!