Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to start decorating for the holidays! This month, we’ve created a craft that allows your youngsters to help with decorations. Making adorable holiday magnets will help spread the joy and anticipation for the celebrations ahead. Plus, it’s the perfect way for you and your little ones to show off your artistic creations!
Here what you’ll need:
- Cut foam snowflakes into a circle.
- Place adhesive magnetic strips on the back of each circle.
- Use some of the circles to create the faces for the snowmen. Glue googly eyes and cut of pieces of the foam sheets to create a nose and mouth. You can also use the foam sheets to make a scarf for your snowmen!
- With the green foam sheet, you and your little ones can design a Christmas tree and add lights with the other colors from the sheets. You can also create a star to place on top! Add a magnetic strip to the back of the tree and the star.
- Place the magnets on the magnetic side of your art easel or fridge and begin “building” snowmen and playing with the Christmas tree!
*Optional step: With the leftover foam snowflakes, you can place magnetic strips on the back of them and add those to your fridge or kid’s easel.
Will you and your little artists create these magnets for the holidays?
Manufacturer’s Note: Please make sure children are the recommended age to play with the product featured in this blog post. Adult supervision is required.
Looking for a gift for the special little ones in your life that have a fall birthday? We have new toys and customer favorites that are sure to put a smile on their faces!
Here are five toys that will make terrific presents for fall birthdays:
Love & Care Deluxe Nursery: Kiddos can make believe they are a nurse and doctor or mom and dad with this children’s nursery set. This is the perfect gift for little ones that enjoy taking care of their baby dolls.
Thomas the Tank Engine™ Toddler Bed: As your little train lovers become toddlers, they’ll need a bed to celebrate this milestone! This adorable train bed will be your children’s favorite piece of furniture in their bedroom.
Best Chef’s Kitchen: A play kitchen is a wonderful gift for mini chefs! Toddlers can get cooking with this compact and realistic play kitchen set. The modern design and colors will look great in any playroom!
Deluxe Canyon Road Train and Track Table: A classic gift that lasts for years to come is a kid’s train and track table. A staple toy in a child’s bedroom or playroom, this train table set will provide your kids with hours of pretend play fun.
Studio Art Desk: Do you have little artists on your hands? Surprise them with this art desk that can fold up to become an easel. Both parents and kiddos will love that art supplies and notebooks can be stored in this creative play toy.
Are any of these toys on your child’s birthday wish list?
Fall is such a beautiful time of year as the leaves change colors and begin to settle on the ground. During this colorful season, there are plenty of activities that you and your family can do to stay active and get creative! Here are some of our favorite ways to have fun with leaves:
- Gather the leaves: Your kiddos can start gathering all the leaves in the yard. They can collect them with a bag or a wagon and then can make a big pile to jump into! As your children stack the leaves, they are helping to clean the yard and develop their gross motor skills.
- Discover and investigate: Little adventurers can pick out different types of leaves and with your help, they can determine the name of the trees that the leaves belong to. org has an interactive step-by-step process to help families determine the type of leaves that are falling from the trees! Identifying different types of leaves is an excellent way to keep little minds active. Your kids can also make a fall craft project with their art desk or easel. They can paste the leaves onto a piece of paper and label them.
- Build a leafman: Fill white garbage bags up with leaves and you and your little ones can stack the bags on top of one another to create a leafman that resembles a snowman! This activity is a great way to clean up the leaves and celebrate other seasons.
Which activity will you and your family try this fall?