This month’s FriDIY will make you and your little ones hungry for some pizza! With this crafty activity, mini chefs can put their creative cooking skills to the test without making a mess in the kitchen. This pizza making kit will be tons of fun and you can even add an extra element of imaginative play with a play kitchen!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Play kitchen (we used the PartyTime Kitchen)
- Craft felt
- Three circular stencils that vary in size (we created our own and you can download them by clicking here!)
- Black marker
- Cut out the three stencils.
- The biggest stencil will be used for the pizza crust. Place the stencil onto the tan felt and with a marker, trace around the circle and cut it out.
- The medium size stencil will be used for the pizza sauce. Place the stencil onto the red felt and with a marker, trace around the circle and cut it out.
- The smallest stencil will be used for the cheese. Place the stencil onto the white felt and with a marker, trace around the circle and cut it out.
- With the leftover scraps of the red felt draw circles for pepperoni and cut them out. We also made other shapes for veggies. You can use different colors of felt to represent other toppings that go on a pizza, like black olives, mushrooms, pineapple, ect.
- Put the layers of felt on top of one another to create the pizza.
And you can’t forget to pop the pizza in the oven to let it bake! This is where your child’s play kitchen will be useful. They can place their yummy treats into the oven and you can set a timer to let them bake.
What do you think of this delicious FriDIY creation? Will you be trying this craft with your kiddos this weekend?
Manufacturer’s Note: Please make sure children are the recommended age to play with the product featured in this blog post. The small parts featured in this craft are not recommended for children under three years of age. Adult supervision is required