This month is all about summertime fun and incorporating outdoor and imaginative play. Playing in a playhouse is a great way for toddlers and preschoolers to develop their imaginations while they spend time in the backyard. We have an easy craft for you and your family to create that will go perfectly with your child’s playhouse.
Recently, we’ve had customers ask if we have mail that goes with our playhouses. At this time we don’t have mail; however, one of our crafty consumer service representatives Sandy decided to create something special for our customers to design at home!
This project is a blast for the whole family to enjoy! Plus, it will provide kids with hours of pretend play fun. Even though we decided to decorate our postcards with the materials and instructions above, there are other cute ways to create kid’s postcards. Check out how A Million Moments and See Vanessa Craft designed their own envelopes.
Summer birthdays are a blast! Kids get to enjoy the sunshine, warm temperatures and best of all, no school! All they need now are some outdoor toys for their birthday that will go perfectly with their adventurous spirit.
Here are five toys that will make great presents for summer birthdays:
1. Naturally Playful Big Folding Slide: Your toddlers and preschoolers will be jumping for joy once they get a glimpse of this big kid slide! Children will enjoy taking turns climbing up the ladder and taking a ride down the slide. This gift will be a hit at your child’s backyard birthday party. Recommended for ages: 2 – 5.
2. Play & Fold Jr. Slide: Smaller thrill seekers can zip down this mini slide. Toddlers that aren’t quite old enough for a big kid slide will be entertained for hours while developing their balance and coordination through active play. Recommended for ages: 1.5 – 4.
3. Summertime Play Center: This play center is the perfect hang out for kids, especially during a birthday party or barbeque. Toddlers can eat some cake while they sit at the picnic table and then go build sand castles in the attached sandbox. Plus, they will be shaded by the umbrella both while playing in the sand or hanging out at the picnic table. Recommended for ages: 2 and up.
4. Adjustable Sand & Water Table: Kids can stay cool during their birthday party and all summer long with this two-in-one activity table. They can dig and splash around as they pretend they’re on a tropical adventure. Recommended for ages: 2 and up.
(Table comes with an umbrella)
5. Skyward Summit: Little and big explorers will have the ultimate summer adventure with this outdoor climber that resembles a mountain! The Skyward Summit will be the highlight of any backyard birthday party as kids spend hours developing their gross motor skills as they climb to the top. Recommended for ages: 4 – 8.
Which toy is your favorite for a summer birthday gift?
Nothing says Happy Father’s Day like kids spending quality time with their dad. So why not spend that time playing with toys both kids and dads will love? Here are 5 toys kids can share with dad:
1. Grill: Dads love grilling in the summer and now little ones can imitate him with their toy grill. Kids can work side-by-side with their old man as they sizzle up some treats to make barbeques a success!
2. Tool Workshop: Dad and the kids can work together to build bird houses and fix up the home with their hammer, drill and workbench. No need to hire a handyman when all of your family members are skilled helpers!
3. Train table: Choo choo, all aboard! Drive trains around the tracks and cars along the city roads with a train and track table. Dad can be the conductor of the train while the kids drive toy cars through the neighborhood.
4. Basketball: Does dad love sports? Get active outside and play some b-ball together. Dad can teach little athletes everything he knows about the game of basketball.
5. Car Bed: Let dad live out his dreams of owning a Corvette®. Dad and the kids can make believe they are cruising around in style in the Corvette® Bed. They can also use the race track on the car bed to mimic their own Indy 500.
What toys do your kids share with their dad? Tell us what toys you think your kids and their dad would have fun playing with together!