Ahoy matey! We have a special DIY craft that will go great with your kid’s splash-tastic adventures this spring and summer. Thanks to Inner Child Fun, we were inspired to make a toy boat out from materials that you can find around the house. We put this boat together with just five materials! Let’s get started:
What you’ll need:
- Three wine corks
- Rubber bands
- Paper (card stock or multipurpose)
- Markers and/or crayons
- Cut a triangle out of the corner of the paper to make the flag and have your little one color the flag
- Wrap a rubber band twice around the three corkscrews on one side. Repeat on other side.
- Cut the rubber bands and tie them together to make the rope for the boat (make it as long or as short as you would like)
- Place the rope underneath the two rubber bands that are currently holding the boat base together and tie the “rope” to the rubber bands
- Cut the pointed top of the tooth pick so little ones do not poke themselves with the flag pole during play time
- Poke two holes into the flag and slide the toothpick through and place the flag on the middle corkscrew. Now your kids can begin sailing their DIY toy boat!
You and your kids will have a blast making this toy boat. Not only does making this craft encourage kids to get creative by designing their own flag, but once the final product is complete, kids can race their toy boats in their water table, bathtub or pool.
We hope you had as much fun making this FriDIY toy boat as we did!