Oh the joy of imaginative play! There are many toys on the market that encourage little minds to use their imaginations, but none are quite like a child’s playhouse. Playhouses promote creativity, make believe fun and teach toddlers and preschoolers practical skills that they can use as they grow. With so many playhouses to choose from, deciding on the perfect one can be difficult. We want to make the decision easier, so here are 6 tips to keep in mind when selecting the best playhouse for your kids:
- Location and size: Will the playhouse be indoors or outdoors? It all depends on how much space you have in your house or backyard. Whether you decide to put a playhouse inside or outside, make sure you know the dimensions of the area you want to place it and the dimensions of the playhouse you are interested in buying. On each playhouse’s product page, we list the dimensions to help you visualize the size of the toy.
- Material: Playhouses are made out of different types of materials depending on the manufacturer. The most common types of playhouses are wooden, fabric or plastic. Step2 carries durable plastic playhouses that won’t splinter or warp. Plastic playhouses are also able to withstand most weather conditions and they’re easy to clean.
- Style and design: Some playhouses resemble real houses and others are brightly colored like a rainbow. The style and design of the playhouse may depend on if you want the color scheme of the playhouse to blend with a child’s playroom or your backyard.
- Age appropriate: There are recommended ages for all of our products. You can find the recommended age below the description on each product’s page. Not only is it important that your children are old enough to play in a playhouse, but it’s also important that they have an opportunity to grow into it. We understand that some children may grow faster than others, which is one of the reasons we have a graph that highlights the inside dimensions of our playhouses so you can determine if a compact or larger playhouse will be the best fit for your kids.
- How many kids can fit in the playhouse: Kids may enjoy sharing their playhouse with their friends or siblings. If you are looking for a playhouse set to entertain more than two children, it might be a good idea to consider a larger playhouse.
- Features: Each playhouse has different features such as a built-in kitchen, grill, working doorbell, mail slots, etc. The interior and exterior features vary from playhouse to playhouse. It’s important to select one that has features your child will play with frequently.
Playhouses help little imaginations to grow while creating memories that will last a lifetime, which is why picking the best playhouse for your kids is essential.
Do you have any tips you would recommend to families looking for a playhouse?