Last month we began decorating our HQ and now our holiday cheer is in full effect! Does your family enjoy hanging lights from your home and watching them illuminate the night? You and your youngsters can get even more festive with lights and decorations by adding them to a playhouse. Whether it’s inside or in the backyard, it will add to the holiday fun.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Playhouse (we used the Play Up Picnic Cottage)
- Multi-color Christmas lights
- Spider webbing (we repurposed this from our FriDIY Haunted House)
- Adhesive picture hanging hooks
- Stick the adhesive hanging hook on the front of the playhouse above the entrance and place the wreath on the hook.
- Wrap the Christmas lights around the playhouse. Make sure you are close enough to an electrical outlet so you can plug in the lights.
- If your playhouse is inside or you live an area where there’s no snow on the ground, place the spider webbing on the ground and roof of the playhouse to represent snow. Before using the spider webbing, we picked out the little spiders that were originally included in the web.
Does your family decorate your children’s playhouse for the holidays? If so, post the pictures on our Facebook page!
Manufacturer’s Note: Please make sure children are the recommended age to play with the product featured in this blog post. Adult supervision is required.