It’s our goal to create products that inspire young minds and enrich imaginations. Step2 toys provide children with open-ended play allowing little ones to express themselves creatively, without limitations.
We’re honored to receive the 2014 PAL (Play Advances Language) Award from Play On Words for the Great Outdoors Playhouse and Alpine Ridge Climber and Slide. Toys that receive this award are known to spark creative play, which is essential for development.
The Great Outdoors Playhouse has unique features that both kiddos and parents love.
- Working water pump with a paddle wheel and bucket
- Spacious interior and high ceilings provide plenty of room for tots and preschoolers
- Dutch door that opens and closes
- Grill features click-and-turn knobs and accessories
- Planting station and flower box with a drain hole can be used to plant flowers
- Mail slot for sending and receiving play letters (not included)
- Crawl-through entrance near the grill allows for an easy entrance and exit
- Seven piece accessory set and rustic decals make it a home away from home
The Alpine Ridge Climber and Slide is a one of a kind backyard jungle gym that provides your little ones with hours of active and imaginative play.
- Walls have grips, holes and steps to assist little climbers
- Five climbing walls all present a different challenge
- Wide platform features a steering wheel and adjustable viewer for make believe adventures
- Extra-long slide to make exiting this outdoor play set even more fun
- Several crawl-through tunnels that are perfect for hide and seek!
- Bottom step doubles as a seat, perfect for snack time or resting
What do you think of these two outdoor play toys? Check out additional Step2 products that have won the PAL Award in previous years.
Everyone is beautiful, no matter what their abilities or what they look like. Here at Step2, acceptance is key and we’re inspired by Katie Driscoll, founder of Changing the Face of Beauty. We first met Katie and her daughter Grace during our 2013 Everybody Plays Campaign that showcased the beauty, happiness and uniqueness of differently-abled children at play.
Changing the Face of Beauty is a movement that focuses on showing the world how beautiful all people are. It’s their mission to encourage companies to cast children and young adults with different abilities as models in their advertisements. In the beginning of 2015, Changing the Face of Beauty launched a campaign called #IMREADY and invited 15 national retailers in 2015 to hire differently-abled models.
So far 37 companies have committed to featuring models of all abilities in their ads. To challenge a company to participate, just post a picture and tag your favorite retailer along with the #IMREADY hashtag.
We’ve always believed in including children of all abilities in our emails, website and social networks. Check out our latest beautiful model Hadlie hanging out on the Castle Top Mountain Climber.
This Thoughtful Thursday, we honor and thank all the companies that have participated in the #IMREADY campaign and Katie for her amazing efforts to teach the world about acceptance.
Last month we began decorating our HQ and now our holiday cheer is in full effect! Does your family enjoy hanging lights from your home and watching them illuminate the night? You and your youngsters can get even more festive with lights and decorations by adding them to a playhouse. Whether it’s inside or in the backyard, it will add to the holiday fun.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Stick the adhesive hanging hook on the front of the playhouse above the entrance and place the wreath on the hook.
- Wrap the Christmas lights around the playhouse. Make sure you are close enough to an electrical outlet so you can plug in the lights.
- If your playhouse is inside or you live an area where there’s no snow on the ground, place the spider webbing on the ground and roof of the playhouse to represent snow. Before using the spider webbing, we picked out the little spiders that were originally included in the web.
Does your family decorate your children’s playhouse for the holidays? If so, post the pictures on our Facebook page!
Manufacturer’s Note: Please make sure children are the recommended age to play with the product featured in this blog post. Adult supervision is required.