Fall officially started last week! The leaves are changing and the temperatures are dropping in some parts of the world. However, active play is important for kids whether it takes place inside or outside. Here are five ways to promote active play this fall:
- Apple picking: Take the kids to an orchard to pick some fresh and delicious apples! You and the kiddos will get to walk around and reach for apples. If it’s a little chilly outside, don’t forget to bundle up!
- Hide and seek: For the days that it’s just too gloomy to go outside, little adventurers can bring the classic game of hide and seek inside. To promote imaginative play, encourage your kids to imagine they’re secret agents hiding from other spies.
- Gourd scavenger hunt: Hide gourds in secret locations around your backyard, such as inside a playhouse or in a closed sandbox. Have the kids search for the gourds and whoever has found the most gourds by the end of the hunt gets a prize!
- Pumpkin race: Line up some pumpkins in the backyard and have your kids run up to the pumpkin finish line. This game will get little legs moving!
- Pile and jump: As the leaves begin to fall, little explorers can put the leaves in a big pile and jump on them.
Which activities will you and your family try this fall?