- Kids Toys
- Kids Furniture
- Home & Garden
As the summer winds down and school starts back up, it is hard to transition from summer to back to school. Hopefully, your little ones have had an excellent summer. Now it is time to change gears and make sure that they are prepared for back to school.
Parentsfurther.com has provided ten back to school tips that will make the transition a little easier for both you and your children.
Here are the top five tips, Step2 believed were the most helpful:
1. If you and your child have fallen out of your bedtime routine this summer, get back into a solid routine. A week before the first day of school is a good time frame in which to begin.
2. Plan and shop for healthy breakfasts and lunches a week in advance. This will save you precious time and prevent much stress in the long run!
3. Accidents happen! Prepare a change of clothes in advance, and bring it with you on the first day of school for your child’s teacher to keep in the classroom.
4. If possible, arrange play dates with other parents of preschoolers, or find out if your local library or community center offers free events for young children. Spending time with other children will help your child’s social and emotional development and prepare her for the school environment.
5. Parents’ involvement in school is important—even in preschool! Talk to your child’s preschool teacher (or child-care provider) regularly about his educational and social development.
In addition to the tips that Parentsfurther.com had, Step2 suggests promoting creativity within children. For the next couple weeks, encouraging your child to use their desks and easels would help support the back to school transition as well!