Spring is here and that means that it’s time to splish, splash and dig with a sand and water table! This month’s craft will go perfectly with your little one’s sensory activity table and provide hours of imaginative play fun for your kiddos. Instead of going to the lake to catch some fish, we’re reeling them in, in the backyard or playroom!
Cut out the fish stencils your kids would like to use.
Trace the stencils onto the foam and cut them out.
Place the mini clothespin onto the foam fish.
Cut the string for the fishing line. You can make the string as long or as small as your tots would like.
Tie the string onto the clip and the wood stick. For extra make believe fun, you can make the string longer and wind it up when youngsters pretend to catch the fish.
Place the fishing poles in the water and wait for the kids to say they caught a bite!
After this craft, your kids will be mini fisherman! This artistic and sensory play activity can used inside the playroom or outside in the yard. You can make plenty of fishing poles for your whole family to use to be a part of the pretend play fun!
Will you be making this fish-tastic creation this spring?
Summer birthdays are a blast! Kids get to enjoy the sunshine, warm temperatures and best of all, no school! All they need now are some outdoor toys for their birthday that will go perfectly with their adventurous spirit.
Here are five toys that will make great presents for summer birthdays:
1. Naturally Playful Big Folding Slide: Your toddlers and preschoolers will be jumping for joy once they get a glimpse of this big kid slide! Children will enjoy taking turns climbing up the ladder and taking a ride down the slide. This gift will be a hit at your child’s backyard birthday party. Recommended for ages: 2 – 5.
2. Play & Fold Jr. Slide: Smaller thrill seekers can zip down this mini slide. Toddlers that aren’t quite old enough for a big kid slide will be entertained for hours while developing their balance and coordination through active play. Recommended for ages: 1.5 – 4.
3. Summertime Play Center: This play center is the perfect hang out for kids, especially during a birthday party or barbeque. Toddlers can eat some cake while they sit at the picnic table and then go build sand castles in the attached sandbox. Plus, they will be shaded by the umbrella both while playing in the sand or hanging out at the picnic table. Recommended for ages: 2 and up.
4. Adjustable Sand & Water Table: Kids can stay cool during their birthday party and all summer long with this two-in-one activity table. They can dig and splash around as they pretend they’re on a tropical adventure. Recommended for ages: 2 and up.
(Table comes with an umbrella)
5. Skyward Summit: Little and big explorers will have the ultimate summer adventure with this outdoor climber that resembles a mountain! The Skyward Summit will be the highlight of any backyard birthday party as kids spend hours developing their gross motor skills as they climb to the top. Recommended for ages: 4 – 8.
Which toy is your favorite for a summer birthday gift?