Blarney, the luckiest and greenest day of the year is almost here and there are plenty of ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with your little ones. Take a look at these five family friendly activities you and your kids can do to embrace the luck of the Irish.
- Dress green: In honor of this festive day, you and your family can wear green hats, shirts, pants and shoes. Whatever clothing you have that is green, wear it! It’ll put you right in the spirit for the next activity.
- Parade: Now that you’re covered from head to toe in green, go to your local St. Patrick’s Day parade! At these parades you’ll see Irish flags and other people dressed in all green.
- Crafts: Draw with green markers and pencils, create rainbows out of fruit loops and make your own lucky pot of gold. With the help of some clever blogs, we created a list of crafts that are fun and easy for your kiddos to make.
- Decorate: You can decorate your home with beautiful crafts you and your tots designed and you can even dress up your children’s toys! We turned our visual safety sign into a leprechaun.
Product featured: KidAlert & Pup (currently available at select retailers)
- Eat green: Parents, St. Patrick’s Day is a great day to try to get your kids to eat some fruits and veggies. Gather up all the green food in your house, Granny Smith apples, broccoli, green beans, cucumbers, kiwi, celery; the list goes on and on! Encourage children to eat these foods because the more green food they eat, the luckier they will be, especially on this holiday.
What plans do you and your kids have for St. Patrick’s Day?