Spring is here and that means that it’s time to splish, splash and dig with a sand and water table! This month’s craft will go perfectly with your little one’s sensory activity table and provide hours of imaginative play fun for your kiddos. Instead of going to the lake to catch some fish, we’re reeling them in, in the backyard or playroom!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cut out the fish stencils your kids would like to use.
- Trace the stencils onto the foam and cut them out.
- Place the mini clothespin onto the foam fish.
- Cut the string for the fishing line. You can make the string as long or as small as your tots would like.
- Tie the string onto the clip and the wood stick. For extra make believe fun, you can make the string longer and wind it up when youngsters pretend to catch the fish.
- Place the fishing poles in the water and wait for the kids to say they caught a bite!
After this craft, your kids will be mini fisherman! This artistic and sensory play activity can used inside the playroom or outside in the yard. You can make plenty of fishing poles for your whole family to use to be a part of the pretend play fun!
Will you be making this fish-tastic creation this spring?
It’s our goal to create products that inspire young minds and enrich imaginations. Step2 toys provide children with open-ended play allowing little ones to express themselves creatively, without limitations.
We’re honored to receive the 2014 PAL (Play Advances Language) Award from Play On Words for the Great Outdoors Playhouse and Alpine Ridge Climber and Slide. Toys that receive this award are known to spark creative play, which is essential for development.
The Great Outdoors Playhouse has unique features that both kiddos and parents love.
- Working water pump with a paddle wheel and bucket
- Spacious interior and high ceilings provide plenty of room for tots and preschoolers
- Dutch door that opens and closes
- Grill features click-and-turn knobs and accessories
- Planting station and flower box with a drain hole can be used to plant flowers
- Mail slot for sending and receiving play letters (not included)
- Crawl-through entrance near the grill allows for an easy entrance and exit
- Seven piece accessory set and rustic decals make it a home away from home
The Alpine Ridge Climber and Slide is a one of a kind backyard jungle gym that provides your little ones with hours of active and imaginative play.
- Walls have grips, holes and steps to assist little climbers
- Five climbing walls all present a different challenge
- Wide platform features a steering wheel and adjustable viewer for make believe adventures
- Extra-long slide to make exiting this outdoor play set even more fun
- Several crawl-through tunnels that are perfect for hide and seek!
- Bottom step doubles as a seat, perfect for snack time or resting
What do you think of these two outdoor play toys? Check out additional Step2 products that have won the PAL Award in previous years.
These lucky little leprechauns are gearing up for St. Patrick’s Day!
Product featured: Castle Top Mountain Climber