Today is National Play in the Sand Day! What a sand-tastic holiday to celebrate. This day is dedicated to playing in the sand with family and friends. Grab the kids and head to your nearest beach. Or, if you’re not near a beach, we’ve got you covered. Here are eight activities you and your little ones can do at the beach or in the backyard with a sandbox or activity table:
- Dig for buried treasure
- Build sand castles
- Wiggle your toes in the sand
- Pretend you’re on a deserted island riding camels
- Bury each other in the sand
- Make sand angels (instead of snow angels)
- Draw in the sand
- Create patterns in the sand with shells and pebbles
We’d love to hear how you plan on spending National Play in the Sand Day. Share your favorite sand activities with us!
“I’m bored, there’s nothing to do!” It’s a phrase that parents hate to hear, especially during those long summer days. As nice as it is to spend time with your kids during the summer, sometimes it’s hard to find activities to keep them occupied. Luckily, we have 4 ways you and your little ones can beat summertime boredom:
- Car wash: Toddlers can wash their push buggies or ride-ons as their parents wash their own cars! This activity beats boredom and is a great way to cool down. We also have a craft that allows your children to put their toy cars through their very own car wash.
- Grill masters: While you are grilling a meal, kids can imitate you with their own grill! Little ones can flip some burgers and hot dogs to serve alongside your yummy treats.
- Scavenger hunt on wheels: Take your kids for a stroll around the neighborhood in their wagon and ask them to spot certain objects during the ride. For example, the first person to spot a red car gets a sticker!
- Search for buried treasure: Hide small toys in your child’s activity table or sandbox. Kids can search the backyard and the first child to find all of the buried treasure gets a prize.
Do you have any hints or tips to defeat summertime boredom?
Oh the joy of imaginative play! There are many toys on the market that encourage little minds to use their imaginations, but none are quite like a child’s playhouse. Playhouses promote creativity, make believe fun and teach toddlers and preschoolers practical skills that they can use as they grow. With so many playhouses to choose from, deciding on the perfect one can be difficult. We want to make the decision easier, so here are 6 tips to keep in mind when selecting the best playhouse for your kids:
- Location and size: Will the playhouse be indoors or outdoors? It all depends on how much space you have in your house or backyard. Whether you decide to put a playhouse inside or outside, make sure you know the dimensions of the area you want to place it and the dimensions of the playhouse you are interested in buying. On each playhouse’s product page, we list the dimensions to help you visualize the size of the toy.
- Material: Playhouses are made out of different types of materials depending on the manufacturer. The most common types of playhouses are wooden, fabric or plastic. Step2 carries durable plastic playhouses that won’t splinter or warp. Plastic playhouses are also able to withstand most weather conditions and they’re easy to clean.
- Style and design: Some playhouses resemble real houses and others are brightly colored like a rainbow. The style and design of the playhouse may depend on if you want the color scheme of the playhouse to blend with a child’s playroom or your backyard.
- Age appropriate: There are recommended ages for all of our products. You can find the recommended age below the description on each product’s page. Not only is it important that your children are old enough to play in a playhouse, but it’s also important that they have an opportunity to grow into it. We understand that some children may grow faster than others, which is one of the reasons we have a graph that highlights the inside dimensions of our playhouses so you can determine if a compact or larger playhouse will be the best fit for your kids.
- How many kids can fit in the playhouse: Kids may enjoy sharing their playhouse with their friends or siblings. If you are looking for a playhouse set to entertain more than two children, it might be a good idea to consider a larger playhouse.
- Features: Each playhouse has different features such as a built-in kitchen, grill, working doorbell, mail slots, etc. The interior and exterior features vary from playhouse to playhouse. It’s important to select one that has features your child will play with frequently.
Playhouses help little imaginations to grow while creating memories that will last a lifetime, which is why picking the best playhouse for your kids is essential.
Do you have any tips you would recommend to families looking for a playhouse?