“I’m bored, there’s nothing to do!” It’s a phrase that parents hate to hear, especially during those long summer days. As nice as it is to spend time with your kids during the summer, sometimes it’s hard to find activities to keep them occupied. Luckily, we have 4 ways you and your little ones can beat summertime boredom:
- Car wash: Toddlers can wash their push buggies or ride-ons as their parents wash their own cars! This activity beats boredom and is a great way to cool down. We also have a craft that allows your children to put their toy cars through their very own car wash.
- Grill masters: While you are grilling a meal, kids can imitate you with their own grill! Little ones can flip some burgers and hot dogs to serve alongside your yummy treats.
- Scavenger hunt on wheels: Take your kids for a stroll around the neighborhood in their wagon and ask them to spot certain objects during the ride. For example, the first person to spot a red car gets a sticker!
- Search for buried treasure: Hide small toys in your child’s activity table or sandbox. Kids can search the backyard and the first child to find all of the buried treasure gets a prize.
Do you have any hints or tips to defeat summertime boredom?
Best friends come into our lives and leave a permanent imprint on our hearts. They’re the people that we consider family and sometimes the ones we’ve known the longest. In honor of Best Friends Day, here are some fun activities for young best friends to do on their play dates:
- Bake together: Friends work together to get the job done; isn’t that right? Little buddies can pretend to whip up some delicacies together or take turns cooking up a meal for each other to celebrate their friendship.
- Enjoy the fresh air, hang out and cool off: It’s terrific that Best Friends Day falls in the beginning of June every year because kids can spend their play dates enjoying the fresh air. Kids can swing on the swings, splash and scoop in an activity table, have a picnic or make-believe that they live together in a playhouse.
- Cruise around: Mom and dad can take little pals on a stroll around the park or local zoo. They can enjoy snacks in the wagon and explore the scenery. There is nothing like being chauffeured around with your best friend by your side!
Best friends know how to make each other feel special no matter what. Here are a few quotes dedicated to those extraordinary people in our lives:
“Friendship isn’t about whom you have known the longest… It’s about who came, and never left your side.” –Unknown
“Things are never quite as scary when you have a best friend.” – Bill Watterson, author of Calvin and Hobbes
“Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don’t say.” – Unknown
“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” – Elbert Hubbard, American writer and philosopher
“My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” – Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company
Give your best friend a big hug today and thank them for all the joy they’ve brought you!