Written by Ashley S. as a part of the We’re Moms Too series.
Families come in all shapes and sizes. Mine just happens to come in a furry 3-pack, plus one. Here’s quick introduction to my family:
- First and foremost, there’s Ashley; that’s me! (Nice ‘90s ‘All That’ throwback, right?!) I keep our lives in order while making the world a happier place one toy at a time
- Patrick, aka hubby, is the leader of our pack
- Dublin the Puggle is the oldest and loves tear apart freshly made beds so he can get under the covers (he, quite literally, loves to be a “hot dog”)
- Finnegan is the second Puggle and loves to cuddle in my lap any chance he gets
- And finally, Frank the Tank is our rescue Bull Mastiff, the youngest and loves to chew on bones and hide them around the house for later
We function more or less like any other family. We surf the web and watch YouTube videos together, we stay in and have a lazy days on the couch, and we even have some sibling spats as my pups argue over whose turn it is to gnaw on the bone.
So, one may ask, what do you do for Christmas then?
Just as any other parent would do, I spoil my kids!
Of course, my fur babies each get their very own Christmas stocking because my holiday just wouldn’t be complete without them; they are my family after all. Yes, Santa Paws will visit my boys this this holiday season with new chew toys and new bones. I will let each of them “open” their stocking on Christmas morning in their new Christmas sweaters (they don’t like their pajamas, but they like their sweaters), and I’ll watch in delight as they drool, especially Frank, and excitedly bark in gleeful anticipation of their new spoils.
Although my kids have fur, my family is just right for me, and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. They make me laugh, make me smile, and most of all, make me happy.
Happy Holidays to you and your family, whatever shape and size they may be!
About Ashley S.
Ashley is a Pinterest project-oholic, an avid crotcheter and a cake decorator wannabe. She is a “dog mom” to three precious pups, Dublin, Finnegan and Frank the Tank, and loves to come home to their wagging tails and slobbery kisses at the end of the day. Ashley is a Brand Manager at Step2.