Looking for a cute craft that will add some color to your table?
What you will need:
- 2 inch Wooden Knob
- 1.4 inch Smooth Foam Ball
- Sheets of colorful foam (we purchased a rainbow colored multi-pack)
- Googily eyes
- Thin Ribbon
- Brown Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Lay out your newspaper and paint the knobs and foam balls brown. We used 2-3 coats of paint on ours.
2. Once dry, shave a little foam off of the bottom of the 1.4″ foam ball so it will sit flat on top of the wooden knob. Use one side of your scissor to shave it down.
3. Use your hot glue gun to put a few drops of glue onto the wooden knob. Place the foam ball, shaved side down, onto the wooden knob and let dry.
4. Attach the googily eyes to the front of the foam ball with your hot glue gun.
5. Cut out a small triangle from the orange foam and attach it to the turkey’s head with some hot glue.
6. Next you will need to cut out your feathers from the colorful foam pieces. We made ours 5 inches tall and 2 inches wide at the middle of the feather. Once you have one cut out to your liking, use it as a template for the others.
7. When you have 3 feathers cut out, you will need to attach them to each other using hot glue.
8. Attach the feathers. Add hot glue to the back of the wooden knob and gently press the feathers onto it. Hold the feathers in place until they fully adhere.
9. Cut your ribbon to the desired length to tie around the turkey’s neck. Tie the ribbon around the turkey’s neck and it will be ready for display! We suggest that your tots dine at their Mighty My Size Table & Chairs Set!
Easy to Make Thanksgiving Table Decorations
Pin this for later
Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!