Do your kids LOVE eating fruits and veggies? If the response is no, we understand! June is National Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Month and it’s a great time to kick-start your little one’s interest in eating healthier. Here are some tips (and tricks) to help you!
9 Tips to Get Kids to Eat Fruits and Veggies
1. There is a rainbow of fruits and veggies for kids to choose from, so let them! Take them to the grocery store and have them pick out their favorites and something new too. You could also have theme weeks where you choose a different color to shop for.
2. Do your kids look for snacks while dinner is cooking? Make a veggie tray for them to snack on. To make the veggies more appealing to little ones, you could arrange the veggies to look like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or use a small cookie cutters to transform them into different shapes.
3. Add healthy dipping sauces to add more flavor to the fruits and veggies.
4. Try some new recipes that are enriched with fruits and veggies:
5. Get the kids involved with fruits and veggies from start to finish by planting a garden in your yard. Kids will love to water and watch their plants grow and flourish. They can also pick and clean their fruits and veggies.
6. Let the kids help with meal prep! They will be proud of the meal that they help prepare.
7. Serve fruit for dessert! Try these refreshing recipes:
8. Educate your kids about the benefits of eating healthy foods. Healthy foods help kids maintain a healthy weight, help with concentration, enable kids to fight off sickness and they help build strong bones and muscles.
9. Lastly, be a good example and eat your fruits and veggies too! Kids are more likely to eat something if they see their parents enjoying it.
Do you have any tips to add to the list? Let us know!