Looking for a fun and different way for your little artists to express themselves this summer? Foam Sidewalk Paint will provide hours of creativity!
What you will need:
- 1- 6 oz can of white shaving cream
- 2- 4 oz bottles of washable school glue
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 gallon sized plastic bag with zipper
- Sandwich bags (1 for each color)
- Squirt bottles (1 for each color)
- Measuring spoons
- Paper towels/wet wipes for cleaning hands
We recommend combining your ingredients outside in the grass. It will be easier for clean up if an accidental bag explosion happens! (we speak from experience!)
1. Pour 1 cup of white flour into your gallon plastic bag.
2. Empty the contents of the 2 bottles of school glue into the plastic bag.
3. Shake the can of saving cream and spray it into the plastic bag.
4. Add 1 Tablespoon of water. Tightly zip your plastic bag.
5. Gently mix the contents of the bag by kneading it.
6. When mixing is complete, cut a small hole in the corner of the plastic bag.
7. Open one of your sandwich bags and empty a portion of the foam from the gallon bag into the sandwich bag.
8. Set the gallon bag aside and pour the packet of KOOL-AID into your sandwich bag. To achieve the right shade, you may have to use more than 1 packet of KOOL-AID in each bag.
9. Zipper the sandwich bag closed and knead the color into the foam.
10. When desired color is achieved, cut a small hole in the corner of the sandwich bag and empty the contents into one of your squirt bottles.
11. Continue mixing different colors in the other sandwich bags.
12. When all your squirt bottles are filled, it’s time to make some masterpieces!
NOTE, be sure to turn your bottle upside down with the cap on and shake the foam downward before you start painting to prevent air bubbles. After we were done creating, we used a hose to clean our sidewalk.